New error

Mr. Pedantic

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
1,707
I don't know if anyone's ever seen this before, but I certainly haven't, and frankly, I've seen a lot of Folding@home error messages:

Code:
--- Opening Log file [July 4 05:04:55 UTC] 


# Windows SMP Console Edition #################################################
###############################################################################

                       Folding@Home Client Version 6.29

                          http://folding.stanford.edu

###############################################################################
###############################################################################

Launch directory: C:\Program Files\FAH\WinSMP
Executable: C:\Program Files\FAH\WinSMP\FAH.exe
Arguments: -smp 6 -verbosity 9 -forceasm -local -advmethods 

[05:04:55] - Ask before connecting: No
[05:04:55] - User name: Mr._Pedantic (Team 33)
[05:04:55] - User ID: 508DC76E16C08206
[05:04:55] - Machine ID: 1
[05:04:55] 
[05:04:55] Loaded queue successfully.
[05:04:55] 
[05:04:55] - Autosending finished units... [July 4 05:04:55 UTC]
[05:04:55] + Processing work unit
[05:04:55] Trying to send all finished work units
[05:04:55] Core required: FahCore_a3.exe
[05:04:55] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[05:04:55] - Autosend completed
[05:04:55] Core found.
[05:04:55] Working on queue slot 08 [July 4 05:04:55 UTC]
[05:04:55] + Working ...
[05:04:55] - Calling '.\FahCore_a3.exe -dir work/ -nice 19 -suffix 08 -np 6 -checkpoint 3 -forceasm -verbose -lifeline 2392 -version 629'

[05:04:55] 
[05:04:55] *------------------------------*
[05:04:55] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[05:04:55] Version 2.19 (Mar 12, 2010)
[05:04:55] 
[05:04:55] Preparing to commence simulation
[05:04:55] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
[05:05:04] - Assembly optimizations manually forced on.
[05:05:04] - Not checking prior termination.
[05:05:04] - Expanded 763768 -> 1404481 (decompressed 183.8 percent)
[05:05:04] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=763768 data_size=1404481, decompressed_data_size=1404481 diff=0
[05:05:05] - Digital signature verified
[05:05:05] 
[05:05:05] Project: 6701 (Run 72, Clone 30, Gen 11)
[05:05:05] 
[05:05:05] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[05:05:05] Entering M.D.
[05:05:11] Using Gromacs checkpoints
[05:05:11] fcSaveRestoreState: I/O failed dir=0, var=017725E8, varsize=53000
[05:05:11] Can't restore state.fcSaveRestoreState: I/O failed dir=0, var=016725E8, varsize=53000
[05:05:11] Can't restore state.fcSaveRestoreState: I/O failed dir=0, var=01A725E8, varsize=53000
[05:05:11] Can't restore state.fcSaveRestoreState: I/O failed dir=0, var=019725E8, varsize=53000
[05:05:11] Can't restore state.fcSaveRestoreState: I/O failed dir=0, var=018725E8, varsize=53000
[05:05:11] Can't restore state.Resuming from checkpoint
[05:05:11] fcSaveRestoreState: I/O failed dir=0, var=0146F3C8, varsize=53000
[05:05:11] Can't restore state.CoreStatus = C0000029 (-1073741783)
[05:05:21] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000029
[05:05:21] Deleting current work unit & continuing...
[05:05:35] Trying to send all finished work units
[05:05:35] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[05:05:35] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[05:05:35] Cleaning up work directory
[05:05:35] + Attempting to get work packet
[05:05:35] Passkey found
[05:05:35] - Will indicate memory of 3318 MB
[05:05:35] - Detect CPU. Vendor: GenuineIntel, Family: 6, Model: 10, Stepping: 4
[05:05:35] - Connecting to assignment server
[05:05:35] Connecting to http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/
[05:05:36] Posted data.
[05:05:36] Initial: 40AB; - Successful: assigned to (171.64.65.56).
[05:05:36] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[05:05:36] Loaded queue successfully.
[05:05:36] Connecting to http://171.64.65.56:8080/
[05:05:38] Posted data.
[05:05:38] Initial: 0000; - Receiving payload (expected size: 764280)
[05:05:42] - Downloaded at ~186 kB/s
[05:05:42] - Averaged speed for that direction ~189 kB/s
[05:05:42] + Received work.
[05:05:42] + Closed connections
[05:05:47] 
[05:05:47] + Processing work unit
[05:05:47] Core required: FahCore_a3.exe
[05:05:47] Core found.
[05:05:47] Working on queue slot 09 [July 4 05:05:47 UTC]
[05:05:47] + Working ...
[05:05:47] - Calling '.\FahCore_a3.exe -dir work/ -nice 19 -suffix 09 -np 6 -checkpoint 3 -forceasm -verbose -lifeline 2392 -version 629'

[05:05:47] 
[05:05:47] *------------------------------*
[05:05:47] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[05:05:47] Version 2.19 (Mar 12, 2010)
[05:05:47] 
[05:05:47] Preparing to commence simulation
[05:05:47] - Assembly optimizations manually forced on.
[05:05:47] - Not checking prior termination.
[05:05:47] - Expanded 763768 -> 1404481 (decompressed 183.8 percent)
[05:05:47] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=763768 data_size=1404481, decompressed_data_size=1404481 diff=0
[05:05:47] - Digital signature verified
[05:05:47] 
[05:05:47] Project: 6701 (Run 72, Clone 30, Gen 11)
[05:05:47] 
[05:05:47] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[05:05:47] Entering M.D.
[05:05:53] Completed 0 out of 2000000 steps  (0%)
Anyone know what to do with this? I got this after I changed affinity from -smp 8 to -smp 6. Closed client with Ctrl+C, edited client.cfg, restarted client. I'd guess it to be a corruption of some kind, but I haven't done anything different this time from all the other times that I did this, and I never got this error.

Thoughts?
 
I don't know what caused it, but is it working now? Also, you'll probably want to update your core to 2.22.
 
Yeah, it's working. The problem is that I need to run at -smp 6 whenever I use the computer, mostly because it's faster at -smp 6 than at -smp 8 when in use, and for some reason loading the CPU with the CPU client fully wreaks havoc with audio quality, so whenever I game, watch a movie, listen to music, etc. I change it on average maybe 4 times a day, if this happened even 10% of the time it would be rather annoying.

EDIT: As for 2.22, I just deleted and restarted the client now. I read about a performance boost, how much exactly? And is it for normal SMP as well as bigadv?
 
yeah thats usually what i do but i do it the quick and dirty way i just leave the task manager minimized.. bring it up, change the affinity and done..
 
EDIT: As for 2.22, I just deleted and restarted the client now. I read about a performance boost, how much exactly? And is it for normal SMP as well as bigadv?

When I changed cores I saw a 6014 go from 22k to 28k ppd. Now for the disclaimer: Your results may vary depending on your system and the workunit.

This discussion reminds me I that I need to update cores on the Thuban box...
 
yeah thats usually what i do but i do it the quick and dirty way i just leave the task manager minimized.. bring it up, change the affinity and done..
No, I mean change the actual client affinity. Because for some bloody stupid reason running -smp 8 in 6 threads is about half as fast as running -smp 6.
 
Back
Top