So I just built a computer for my dad. These are the specs:
P4 3.0C
Abit IS7
Kingston 512x2 DDR400
Chaintech GF FX5500 256DDR
Western Digital 200GB SATA
It's running XP SP2 and I've gotten all the updates for it and everything.
Things here and there hangs when I try to work with them. An example would be I open My Computer and it hangs for about 4 seconds before displaying the drives and stuff. Another thing is I'd open Norton Anti-Virus and it would hang for about 6 seconds before displaying the status of the computer. It's just random programs here and there that hang. Spybot Search and Destroy is having some probs too. The program stops responding 2 seconds after the scan begins.
Any ideas or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
P4 3.0C
Abit IS7
Kingston 512x2 DDR400
Chaintech GF FX5500 256DDR
Western Digital 200GB SATA
It's running XP SP2 and I've gotten all the updates for it and everything.
Things here and there hangs when I try to work with them. An example would be I open My Computer and it hangs for about 4 seconds before displaying the drives and stuff. Another thing is I'd open Norton Anti-Virus and it would hang for about 6 seconds before displaying the status of the computer. It's just random programs here and there that hang. Spybot Search and Destroy is having some probs too. The program stops responding 2 seconds after the scan begins.
Any ideas or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!