New Computer Build

Kozak

n00b
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
23
Hey I've decided on all my computer parts and now im not sure which motherboard to get.. the Asus A8N-SLI or MSI K8N Platinum 4 SLI... The parts i am getting are
AMD 64 3200+ socket 939
Gigabyte 6600 GT
Corsair 2X512mb 3200 ddr ram (XMS series)
Hitachi SATA 160gb hard drive
Pioneer 16x dvd burner..

Can someone give me the pros/cons of getting the 2 mother boards and give me suggestions as well? and also wat is the difference between the a8n-sli and a8n-sli deluxe??? also can some1 give me suggestions on a good power supply to buy for this setup? thanks
 
Don't know about the ASUS, but I have had nothing but good results with MSI.
PC Power & Cooling PSU.....The only way to true power nirvana ;)
 
The difference between the A8N-SLI and A8N-SLI Deluxe is that the normal one has 4 SATA ports, while the the Deluxe has 8 ports. The Deluxe also costs $20 more at newegg. I am not sure of the differences between the MSI and Asus boards, other than Asus being $5 cheaper.

For power supply, I would get this one:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-153-006&depa=1
420w and 18A on +12v rail.Only costs like $45 including shipping.
 
dfi nf4 sli mobo is best sli mobo out atm. Also you wanna get a 510 sli from PCP&C, those things rock (unless you can get your hands on the 800w beast)
 
Back
Top