• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New Case Choices

Henchman24

n00b
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
44
Hi All,

I'm planning to repurpose my current Cosmos for my new server case, and I'm just going to get a new case for my everyday rig.

Based on my needs, I've narrowed it down to two choices. I thought I had picked...but then NewEgg threw a price reduction+MIR wrench into that decision...and now I'm back on the fence without real input.

So, What do you guys think of each of these cases below?

http://www.rosewill.com/products/1772/productDetail.htm

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1308&ID=1819

The Thermaltake one had me going for it(extra dock version)...then I read two reviews critical of the PSU cutout+foot height combo problem, which then turned me off, otherwise it doesn't look too bad...and has alot of nice features for the price range.

Normally I wouldn't look at a Rosewill case for my rig...but their quality of late has been improving, and I've used a number of theirs for generic customer builds and they are generally worth the money spent. This one seems to also fit the bill at the price point, and I feel it's the aesthetic winner of the two.

Does anyone here have real stories from either of these cases yet?
I was decided on the Blackhawk...but NE now has the V9 for $75 and a 20 MIR which makes me wonder if it's worth it to grab that, expand the hole, and put real feet on it.

Anyway, I figured I'd float it past you guys. I wish I had more of a budget, but I just grabbed two 2tb drives as well, and so...the case suffers. :eek:

Any thoughts are appreciated! Well not the dirty ones...what the heck is wrong with you!?
 
Last edited:
HI:)
V9 nice case,but you can choise a better case,you saw the lancool/cm cases?
What is your budget for the case?
 
Just Built a PC for a friend using one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112323

$59 with free shipping, it's a steal

It will only hold 3 HDDs natively, but I'm sure Lian Li makes another cage for it (between the 5.25 and 3.5 bays)

Anyway, it has a nice cable loom, rubber bushings for all optical drives and fans, and screen for all intakes. My only gripe is the gray interior. But if you aren't getting it for a new build, then a day waiting for some spray paint to dry wouldn't be a big deal.
 
Just Built a PC for a friend using one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112323

$59 with free shipping, it's a steal

It will only hold 3 HDDs natively, but I'm sure Lian Li makes another cage for it (between the 5.25 and 3.5 bays)

Anyway, it has a nice cable loom, rubber bushings for all optical drives and fans, and screen for all intakes. My only gripe is the gray interior. But if you aren't getting it for a new build, then a day waiting for some spray paint to dry wouldn't be a big deal.

This.

Every thing including the fans are high quality, Fans are mounted with rubber bushings to keep them from making any noise, Has great cable management.

Why dont you just link him to your build log so he can see it Nside.
 
I would pick the Rosewill case (the most visually pleasing), LianLi (Cheap & Roomy), but not Thermaltake (Small fans = loud).
 
Back
Top