• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

new case and fans help needed

milkyman

n00b
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
53
hi i'm looking to buy a new case.

- looking for aluminium
-3.5 inch bay removable buy screw
-lcd display built in would be nice.
-good air flow
-a fair amount of fans capacity.
-removable motherboard tray (always handy).
-easy sliding panels on sides.
-reasonable price.

cheers.

i am also looking at silent x power supply and swiftech heatsink.

any advice on an 80mm fan for the cpu cooler?
 
well you just described a lian li case in a nut shell.....my lian li pc-65 has four case fans, removable hard drive cage, aluminium, and a removable motherboard tray.....it will prolly run you about $125
 
if you buy the case with pre-installed fans you'll most likely want to replace some of them because they are pretty low quality, especially the blow hole on the top......but other than that the case is well built, pretty much every screw is a thumbscrew, everything is easy to install....
 
thats cool. pricey.

can i get a few alternatives. i really want to make sure i get the right case.

thanks.
 
yes i would not be looking for pre installed fans.

i think i wrote (capacity).

thanks
 
In my experience with cases, I've found that I got what I paid for.

I payed a fairly hefty sum (at the time) for my newfangled Lian-Li, but I love that case. I've gone to great pains to modify it just enough to handle an external watercooling system, and still be able (by removing the WB and replacing a plate on the back) to handle air cooling, should I have to go that route again.

It's just my opinion, but I think you should go with the Lian-Li, and replace the stock fans with nice ones of your own.
 
there's also cooler master but I dont know much about how well constructed they are....but they seem similar to lian li cases....though I would stick with lian li they have been around for awhile and make superior cases :D
 
the aspire x-alien or x-super alien are good also the x-dreamer 2 has suited me very well
 
Originally posted by milkyman
bump

also why cant u search on this forum?

or search for posts in your profile?

They disabled search because it was hurting their weak-ass server. I believe they are looking into a better setup so that they can re-enable the search function. Thats just what I've heard tho. I have no idea how weak/strong their server hardware is nor have I ever used this BB software before. :)
 
Back
Top