New avast update breaking stuff?

Dende

Limp Gawd
My avast just updated and now its saying Teamspeek, Zoomplayer, and FeedReader are all the same viruses. Anyone else having issues with the latest update from avast??

It seems its a known issue the avast forums have so many people going there that it crashed and now I can't get there. There are several new threads showing false positives for Win32:Delf-MZG. I hope they can get it fixed soon right now it makes avast un-usable. I have to disable it just to run anything.

Last edited:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23428578-False-positive-in-Avast-or-is-it-real

For whatever reason, it appears that something with the latest updates is causing everything to go haywire with people's machines.

One suggestion that I had seen, is to turn the standard shield monitoring off until a fix comes out. Things may be getting sent to the virus vault, (quarantined) it might be possible to restore those files from there. Turn scheduled scans off as well.

Really sucks too...Avast has been generally regarded as one of the better ones.

Edit: appears that the Avast support forums are slammed at the moment; EVERYBODY is attempting to get in and figure out WTF is wrong here.

Why use Avast in the first place, its shit.

Install MSE and enjoy a quality product.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23428578-False-positive-in-Avast-or-is-it-real

For whatever reason, it appears that something with the latest updates is causing everything to go haywire with people's machines.

One suggestion that I had seen, is to turn the standard shield monitoring off until a fix comes out. Things may be getting sent to the virus vault, (quarantined) it might be possible to restore those files from there. Turn scheduled scans off as well.

Really sucks too...Avast has been generally regarded as one of the better ones.

Edit: appears that the Avast support forums are slammed at the moment; EVERYBODY is attempting to get in and figure out WTF is wrong here.

Thanks for the tip about the pausing the [non-web] shield. I really hope avast fixes the issue soon... :(

Me too I love avast its easy and free. I have it on all my famaly's systems because its so easy to walk through the install (I don't have to be there lol) and it pritty much takes care of everything with very limited user intervention. This is the FIRST time I have ever had any issue's.

Me too I love avast its easy and free. I have it on all my famaly's systems because its so easy to walk through the install (I don't have to be there lol) and it pritty much takes care of everything with very limited user intervention. This is the FIRST time I have ever had any issue's.

MSE is easier and free also. I haven't used Avast in awhile but you might consider trying switching to MSE as it requires 0 user intervention and is a small footprint.

Yea, unless you're one of the people that actually had it delete the files it flagged.

Not usually, but this certainly didn't help their case.

Avast only deletes files if YOU tell it to. you can just not take any action (which is what I did) and it doesn't make any changes. You shouldn't delete any files you should always put it in your chest untill you can find out if its going to have any ill effects.

Avast only deletes files if YOU tell it to. you can just not take any action (which is what I did) and it doesn't make any changes. You shouldn't delete any files you should always put it in your chest untill you can find out if its going to have any ill effects.

100% agree. I'm just saying it's not like this update "fixed" the problem. There's still many people out there who actually took that option to delete it, I'm sure.

Yeah, my GF's laptop started shooting up warnings. I hit "no action" on all of them I knew something was up. Just sucks for the peeps who didn't know any better.

Back