• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New 2600K Build

shipster

n00b
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
45
I've decided to put a new box together after the holidays. I've settled on the 2600K as the processor but am baffled by the number of motherboards out there. I am looking for a decent board that will do some minor overclocking.

The following components will be moved to the new box:
16 MB DDR3/1600 ram
2 WD 1 TB hard drives
a GTX580 video card.

Ideas for a decent but reasonable motherboard?
 
"Reasonable" is subjective on an individual basis. What's your MoBo budget?
 
I just built a new computer. I also went with the 2600K. I got the MSI P67 GD65 (B6) and I LOVE it. Rock solid with great overclocking! The price was great. Check it out!
 
I've decided to put a new box together after the holidays. I've settled on the 2600K as the processor but am baffled by the number of motherboards out there. I am looking for a decent board that will do some minor overclocking.

The following components will be moved to the new box:
16 MB DDR3/1600 ram
2 WD 1 TB hard drives
a GTX580 video card.

Ideas for a decent but reasonable motherboard?

Asus Maximus Gene-z /III is out, i just picked one up.
It has PCIe 3.0 support with IVY.
also you wont find a better overclocking board with the best on board sound. i got it for 199.00
I would go p67 but there was no ROG board or PCIe 3.0 support.
 
Get Asus P8Z68-V. No need to spend more money. It is great for overclocking. I got my i5-2500K to 5Ghz on air in no time. As you can see here. It's stable, and with decent temps.
 
16GB.... Smartasses... Thanks for the suggestions! Now I just need to see if I get the Newegg gift cards that I asked for for Christmas!
 
I went with an Asus P8P67 Pro R3, there are a whole bunch of motherboards in the P8P67 range which are all good quality and vary in features/price, I went for that model specifically for onboard coaxial connection.
 
I kinda wish i went with a ATX board instead of a mATX.. I just hope the genez III overclocks well.. I guess with all the features it should be good. I heard SLI causes the vid cards to heat up because they are so close. Oh well i can always sell in 6 months
 
Back
Top