Network Neighborhood issue

CefiroZ

Limp Gawd
A program I need to use requires Network Neighborhood to be set up. I believe what I need is for My Network Places > Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network > [local network name] to show up from explorer. I have My Network Places but not the rest of the tree (only shares and mapped drives are listed in it).

On the old Windows2000 based computer this structure shows up fine. However, the new computer, which is Windows2003, I am not able to find this. Thus, my program lists no computers. Does anyone know how to remedy this issue?

I tried to do the "Add a network place" wizard but it only lets me select shares and things like that to add. I found this page but none of the advice there seemed to help.

What program requires Network Places? This would be a horrible coding flaw in the app considering Network Places, without a local DNS/AD environment, is and has always been a pitiful connectivity tool.

I think I was mistaken slightly. It depends on having "Directory" (for the AD) under the My Network Places.

Back