Network File Synchronization

Manu

Limp Gawd
So, heres my deal...

I have a main office and a branch office. I have about 20GB of data on a NAS at the branch office.

I have a current copy of this data at a NAS at my corporate office.

I would like to look into software that will do file synchronization both ways. I have people working on the data at both sides, so I need to synchronize both ways, but I also need to have a file lock on the data not being actively used....

does that make sense? Anyone have any ideas for me?

It makes sense. Before you mentioned the locking mechanisms, I was thinking rsync the two periodically, but I take it your looking for something to keep them in sync in real time, and I can't think of any thing off hand to do that.

You can use Veritas Volume Replicator or FRS in Windows 2003 depending on how well you need this to work (volume, changes, etc...).

We've been looking into the latest version of DFS from Windows 2003 Server R2...and that looks like a great candidate wth automatic failover as well...

FYI

Manu said:
We've been looking into the latest version of DFS from Windows 2003 Server R2...and that looks like a great candidate wth automatic failover as well...

FYI

With bit level copy as well. It will reduce the bandwidth used for syncronazation.

Back