Need to upgrade cctv

Hi,

I need to upgrade my cctv. I got it installed when I moved in my house 8 years ago and its in need of an update. I haven't got a clue what I can use or what anything is so I'll try and describe it the best I can.

I have 4 cameras, they each have a yellow end and then the power end. Ideally I want the cameras to have as better wide angle then I already have. I also want an upgraded recorder unit which can connect to my router so I can view it on my mobile. I've been looking online and I'm clueless when it comes to good value for money. I don't want to spend thousands I just want to be able to get my step dad to replace the existing cameras but use my cabling already there. Think on the camera end it's a red and white plug and then the power plug.

Hi,

I need to upgrade my cctv. I got it installed when I moved in my house 8 years ago and its in need of an update. I haven't got a clue what I can use or what anything is so I'll try and describe it the best I can.

I have 4 cameras, they each have a yellow end and then the power end. Ideally I want the cameras to have as better wide angle then I already have. I also want an upgraded recorder unit which can connect to my router so I can view it on my mobile. I've been looking online and I'm clueless when it comes to good value for money. I don't want to spend thousands I just want to be able to get my step dad to replace the existing cameras but use my cabling already there. Think on the camera end it's a red and white plug and then the power plug.

You're best bet is to go with someone like Hikvision. Great IP Cameras that come in resolutions of 1080p and 1440p. You could find them on amazon ranging from $80+ and up. You'll have to rewire everything with cat5e or cat6 as the cameras are powered over ethernet.

Back