Need this ad to be recreated via Photoshop

Hey there...I need a picture to be recreated using Photoshop...why Photoshop??? Cause I need the PSD file...I have put it in a rar file cause it's been scanned with high resolution setting...so it's huge...it's 56k friendly this way...

I need it as big as the scanned picture...I also need the text to match...looks like a common type...I don't know fonts...anyone know what font(s) the ad uses??? I need it either nice and clean (doesn't have the halftone pattern and the "newspaper" texture, etc...) OR it can look like it came right from a newspaper (meaning it has the halftone dots and it has the newspaper noise and the background color looks like the scanned pic and the whole thiong looks like a replica of the scanned pic, etc...) You get what I need???

I'd do this myself but we are getting into a hard section in my math class and need to concentrate on it...THANX
C'YA :cool:

RAR FILE

EDIT: Oh yeah...I forgot...I kinda need this by Thursday 15 5:30PM...I hope that's long enuff for ya...

Well I opened it up and in about thirty seconds the halftone dots were gone; but then I failed to see the point: Why the hell retype an ad that was in a newspaper? Mind if I ask your reasoning? Also.. what about a tip? ;)

haha I was wondering why it was downloading so fast now I know :D
I'll look at it in a minute

I just need a recreation of the ad...I have no money...already barely living on what I'm getting...only ~$250 a month and I gotta figure out how I'm gonna afford birthday presents for my mom and sister this month and still keep my Mustang which has a favorite drink: ~$2/gallon Gas...damn gas prices are high nowadays...

I was just hoping someone could just recreate this using Photoshop (since I need the PSD file) since you ppl are so nice...

I already contribute my hardwork with the tutorials...need a volunteer to categorize them tho cause the list is starting to get so big it's not too helpful from what I hear...I also have collected tutorials for many other popular graphic art progs that I have found...like Bruce, 3D Max, Illustrator, etc...I can put aside a night or two to release them sooner than planned...I was gonna wait til I found someone to categorize my PS linx and find more linx ...I haven't filtered thru them yet tho...that's what takes a long time...

If I had enuff money I'd throw in a few bux...but most of my money I can't touch...made some kind of deal with a bank and I can't touch my money until a certain amount of years goes by...so until I get my money back (plus interest) I'll just have to live off my few hundred a month I'm getting which isn't enuff...If I sell anything I'll give you a good deal or something...have no idea how I'll live in Florida for almost a year...expensive place to live...need to save as much money as possible cause I'll need it living in Orlando for a year...good thing I'm not addicted to anything and don't drink or smoke...save money that way...

So if anyonme could be so nice as to do me this small favor then I'd be really happy...maybe just use the pen tool (which I still kinda sux at...actually I'm just REALLY slow with it) or something...

THANX
C'YA :cool:

well id probally do it, but i need a huge picture of the car lol. other than that, its pretty easy to do.

Wasn't the pic I included big enuff??? It was a 10.167x6.393 inch pic...and at 300 resolution...what do you mean bigger??? :confused:

nope...don't think so...unless there's a better way to scan newspapers...That's what it looks like on the newspaper...newspapers aren't known for the quality of their pictures...

Bad Boy, it only takes a few seconds to get rid of the dots, but Metallica_Band, why do you want this ad to be recreated? I just dont see a reasoning for it.

~$2/gallon Gas...damn gas prices are high nowadays...

bah, You dont know how lucky you really are.

It's like 80p per litre of fuel here. Thats like $8-9 per Gallon.

Anyway good luck with what your doing.

scotmod said:
~$2/gallon Gas...damn gas prices are high nowadays...

bah, You dont know how lucky you really are.

It's like 80p per litre of fuel here. Thats like $8-9 per Gallon.

Anyway good luck with what your doing.

I have to fill up every other day, costs me $30 each time. :(

jpeg's are already compressed, you have nothing to gain by compressing again with rar since it won't hardly compress anymore than it already has.

roncomatic said:
jpeg's are already compressed, you have nothing to gain by compressing again with rar since it won't hardly compress anymore than it already has.
I know that...but every little bit helps...it's not my server that it's being hosted on...just being nice to the server owner...I just put it in a rar cause the pic would be huge if posted as an img and ppl have been known to flame when huge ass pix are posted...now it seems that some ppl are complaining(?) when it's NOT posted as an img whether it be huge or not...:(...can I not plz everyone???

So is anyone working on it? I need to know so I can stay up all night working on it myself if no one wil help me out...If the font is not freeware then use something else...I'll deal with the font when I get the PSD...I have lots of fonts and know someone who collects them :rolleyes:...he should have the font I'm looking for...thanx for the name tho...

I made a pretty damn good match using Arial before I quit; its not perfect but its very hard to tell the difference.

What about the ad tho??? Can you do it for me PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ???
Me --->
hail.gif
:cool: <--- Whoever does this favor for me

Metallica_Band said:
What about the ad tho??? Can you do it for me PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ???
Me --->
hail.gif
:cool: <--- Whoever does this favor for me

That's a lot of work... why do you want it done? If it's a compelling reason then people are more likely to help. :)

daddybigwords said:
That's a lot of work... why do you want it done? If it's a compelling reason then people are more likely to help. :)

My thoughts exactly. I've asked him why several times and he hasnt bothered to answer.

It's part of a project I'm doing...it'll also give me some practice on some Photoshop techniques I've learned...It's also for a friend of mine...I'm not sure what his reasons are for it but I have some Photoshop skills I wanna apply to it...I need it by Thursday cause that's when he needs it...I won't see him until then tho...I said that I knew a place where I could find some ppl willing to do it for him (and me)...I hope that what I said is true...can someone here plz do this for me??? It's for the both of us...

It's for a project your doing, but its for your friend, but even though its for your project, you dont know what its going to be used for?

I don't understand.

I'll be glad to help out too, but we all want to know what we're doing this for ;)

Caleb

It started out as a favor for my friend but then I decided that I could get some use out of it too for practice with some thing...I don't know why he needs it...didn't think I needed a reason...he's a friend and he asked for a favor...his reason for it is non of my concern..I didn't think it'd be such a big deal to you guys...I'll have to ask for a reason next time I do a favor like this for someone...but *I* want it for experimenting some techniques I've picked up...come on...I've helped some of you [H] ppl out and I didn't need a reason...I did it cause it was fun...don't let me down ppl...he needs it by ~5PM Thursday...plz help...

Metallica i would help but i have no skillz yet.

But you people are being little bitches... if you cant or arnt willing to do it then dont keep beating around the bush asking what it is for... it shouldnt matter, he obviously came for some help and all that you guys have done so far is rag on him and bother him while it is obvious that he doesnt know why or have the time to mess around with the details of who/what/when/where/why. so either help him or say you wont dont be little pansies and ignore his request with your stupid interrogation.

They asked legitimate questions, and I would have done the same thing. Conceivably, someone could try to recreate an ad so they could change some of the wording and then walk into the store and say, "Well, right here in your ad it clearly states..." They didn't rag, they just were presistant in their line of question because they didn't get a very good response the first time. As to the ad, I'll take a look at it at work tomorrow and see if I can pass something off.

yroc said:
Metallica i would help but i have no skillz yet.

But you people are being little bitches... if you cant or arnt willing to do it then dont keep beating around the bush asking what it is for... it shouldnt matter, he obviously came for some help and all that you guys have done so far is rag on him and bother him while it is obvious that he doesnt know why or have the time to mess around with the details of who/what/when/where/why. so either help him or say you wont dont be little pansies and ignore his request with your stupid interrogation.

Metallica_Band, to be quite honest, it's a heap of work ... for no pay.

I can only speak for myself, but I am WAY too busy charging paying customers $30/h to
break deadlines for someone else's whims and fancies ... for free. If it was a little 15min
quicky I'm sure more people would cue to submit. ;)

Metallica_band I had to remove your file from my server, I've Pm'd with a reason why.

Metallica_band I just wanted to keep up the pattern of making your name bold and colored.

Yeah but in canada liters are small.
4 liters to the gallon.
I just got back from BC and spent too much money on gas.
god damn high gas prices.

Back