Need sound and lan options suggestions

glazenuts

n00b
I’ve built and new gaming system and need a some advice.
Antec 300 ATX case
Corsair hx1000 PSU
i7 920
6GB triple channel kit 3x2GB corsair TR3X6G1600C9
Triple Crossfire MSI 4870 MD1g
500gb sata seagate hd
liteon 24x dvdrw
I'm looking for a solution for running dedicated sound and lan options and I'm looking for solutions since with 3 video cards the rest of the available expansion slots are now blocked.
Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Now I'm trying to figure out why the system will only boot when 1 memory module present and refuses to boot with all 2 or 3. I've talked to MSI and they were no help even though these modules are on the approved list. They suggested I call Corsair which I did and was told the likely problem is bent processor pins. Does anyone one else have any other clues, and is it possible to straighten the pins or do I have to replace the processor?
I haven't had a chance to disassemble the system yet.

puke.gif

just to clarify, you want a discrete NIC, instead of using the onboard, any particular reason for this?

as far as the soundcard goes, you'll either need to install it in an available PCIe/PCI slot, use the onboard solution, or purchase an external solution (likely USB)

What is wrong with the onboard solutions? They use very minimal CPU cycles and are great for most people's needs. What is your speaker setup (model(s), # of channels, etc)?

As far as your memory problem goes...
Have you tried clearing your CMOS?
Have you tried setting your RAM timings and voltages manually, according to the manufacturer specs?
Have you tried lowering the RAM speed to DDR3-1066 @ 1.5v 9-9-9-24?

Back