• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need some thoughts on Case Decision

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
7,592
1) Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl $115

2) Something cheaper, maybe CM Cm690 II Basic $70, resell when Define R4 comes out (around Sept)

3) Gut it out in a Antec Sonata (first gen,2x120mm fans) I have, until the Arc Midi (1-2 months) or Define R4

Items going in will be a 2600k (hyper 212) and GTX 560 (non exhausting). 2 HDs, with possibly 1 more later, and another much later. I think I mainly want to wait for the Midi/R4 for USB 3. Although some things like the removable HD cage (really for neatness, won't use such a long card) and +1 expansion slot are nice. Not sure what else the R4 might have. Maybe more 140mm fan support like the Midi, but that really isn't that needed for me. Or the better water cooling support. The Define series has the silence thing over the Arc Midi, and I like the look a bit more.
 
Back
Top