Need some soundcard advice

warlock

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
97
My 10 year old SB Live! Finally gave up the ghost. It worked, but TF2 started crashing and the box was acting weird until I pulled the card. I am using onboard audio now, but I dont really like the quality of it. I really dont need anything too fancy, but would like the surround effects in games to actually work for a change. Here is what I want out of the card:

1) Works in linux (I dont care of proprietary drivers are needed, but its a plus if they are not)

2) I game and listen to music on the box. I am willing to sacrifice a few FPS for sound quality, but would prefer a strictly hardware solution.

3) I would like to have a Joystick port on it. I still have a working thrust-master (f1??) joystick that I use now and again.


Thanks for the assist!

--warlock
 
Back
Top