Need some help with a super budget build.

lagos

Weaksauce
Im trying to build a very cheap pc to use as a general internet/web browsing computer, with a dual monitor setup.
I was originally going to use my old P4-2.8ghzHT based system with 2 gigs of ddr400 ram and an nvidia AGP video card. I think this machine would have worked well running windows xp or Ubuntu hooked up to two 23in LCD monitors at 1080p. However my plans have changed since it seems that the montherboard on this old setup has died. The computer powers up, but will not post, and I have tested all of the other components and found them all to be in working order.

So here is my dilemma... I would love to just replace the mother board, but socket 478 mother boards are almost impossible to find new. So it looks like I'm going to have to replace more than just the mother board.

What do you guys recommend? Keep in mind that this is a budget build and it has to be able to either use my existing ram, agp video card and processor, or be a cheap upgrade that can do dual display output via dvi or hdmi.

Foxconn A7GM-S with Sempron and 1 stick of DDR2?

Seriously cheap. At least around here.

Back