• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need some headphones...

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
8,069
Preferably one that comes with an extension cable that is >3 or 4 meters. If not, maybe, a link to headphone cable extenders? Also, they are just for watching DVDs, and playing games (READ: NOT PC GAMES, but console), and for watching TV. I'd like to keep it below 75 bux, also, I want these headphones for jogging and excersizing, so behind the neck would be preferable, but, if high-quality behind the neck headphones arent available, i'll just buy a cheap 15 dollar pair or something.
 
One word

Sennheiser

I use HD570's for gaming, and music. They are the most unbelievable great sounding units I have heard.

They were like 250 new, but worth every penny, and now you can find them on ebay for like 50-70 bucks, which puts them in your price range
 
Originally posted by rayman2k2
Preferably one that comes with an extension cable that is >3 or 4 meters. If not, maybe, a link to headphone cable extenders? Also, they are just for watching DVDs, and playing games (READ: NOT PC GAMES, but console), and for watching TV. I'd like to keep it below 75 bux, also, I want these headphones for jogging and excersizing, so behind the neck would be preferable, but, if high-quality behind the neck headphones arent available, i'll just buy a cheap 15 dollar pair or something.

The only decent behind the neck headphones IS $15 usd. They are the Koss KSC-55.

If you want some good exercise headphones, check this out:

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=2&subTopicID=124
 
I'll second the Sennheisers. They have a 9' cable already, sound phenomenal and are open-air so you will be able to hear traffic.

As to the extension, get a $4 Radio Shack 1/8" to 1/8" run. Cheap is good.
 
I like my Koss SportaPros for working out. They only cost me $15 but I think they're $30 now from Koss.com. They're quite durable, can be over-head or behind-neck, and sound great for the price (kinda bass-heavy, if you like that). Cord is only a few feet so buy a cheap extension from Radio Shack if you plan to lay in bed and watch TV.
 
Originally posted by Elec
I like my Koss SportaPros for working out. They only cost me $15 but I think they're $30 now from Koss.com. They're quite durable, can be over-head or behind-neck, and sound great for the price (kinda bass-heavy, if you like that). Cord is only a few feet so buy a cheap extension from Radio Shack if you plan to lay in bed and watch TV.

Thought your s/n was familiar. Figured you were from the [H]. :D
 
Originally posted by Harkamus
Thought your s/n was familiar. Figured you were from the [H]. :D


Hehe yup, I assumed you were probably the only harkamus floating around :) I've been a member here forever, at Headwize slightly less long, and just joined Head-Fi because I'm planning to buy/sell some stuff soon and that forum is far more active at Head-Fi than Headwize.
 
Another vote for Sennheiser, I have the budget 202 and it is great for everything, music, gaming, and etc.
 
I think you might want to think about getting two different kinds of phones, one for home and one for portable.

A set of Senn mx400's can be had for about 10-12$ just about anywhere on line. They sound decent, especially for earbuds. A 2$ set of Radio Shack foam pads help the sound and keep them in the ear better.

For home use, I'd say the Sony CD-580 is about as good as you're going to get for sound quality and comfort in that price range($55 @ etronics.com).

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47443&highlight=sony+cd580
 
Grado SR-60 for around $60. My friend has a pair, and they're amazing. I own some SR-80s and the bass can make your eyes water. ($90)
 
Originally posted by Ugly_Jim
Grado SR-60 for around $60. My friend has a pair, and they're amazing. I own some SR-80s and the bass can make your eyes water. ($90)

Yeeeeaaa! Grado all teh way! They totally pwn Sennheiser :D

/me hugs his pair of SR-80's
 
I'm thinking the Sennheiser HD570s...i tried a pair out and they are quite remarkable. However, my computer has integrated sound, will that be a problem. Dont fear though, as of April I will have a new comp with much much better sound.
 
koss portapros.....amazing sound with a amazing price...best headphones u can get for under 50$..just read the reviews
 
Back
Top