Need Professional Help - Cannot get this Darn thing to work

I bought a USB pre-amplifier for my computer to record music with. My mic plugs into the pre-amp, the pre-amp plugs into my computer. The very first time I plugged it in, my computer
recognized the new hardware and the pre-amp worked. I was able to speak into the microphone and my recording software would pick it up.

Then i went to rearange my computer room and i played counterstrike then i went back to record some more and i couldnt get no input through the microphone. Ive got line noise, but my voice is not being picked up.

I have un-installed the device then re-installed it. --------didnt work
I ran system restore to a time before i had the pre-amp-----------didnt work
I removed the device on device manager then restarted comp---------didnt work
I tried new ac97 drivers, (c-media and reltek)--------didnt work
Plugged my printer into the usb port to see if it would work------it did
Bought new 2.0 USB cable---------didnt work
Unplugged my USB port from my mobo then plugged it back in--------didnt work
Tried motherboard USB ports--------still no sound.

When I look under sound and audio settings, the name under device manager is called
"USB audio codec".

I am about to go crazy on this. I cannot think of what the hell is wrong with this thing

I am too tired just now but when I waken up in 8 hours if no one has helped ya I will try and help ya figure it out, its just a pity that I am away to bed just now or I would try and help now.

In anycase, try this, goto windows control panel and in their click on sound and audio devices and then start checking to see if you havent muted anything you shouldnt of and to basically see if all your settings are correct, thats all I am gunna offer atm due to tiredness.

Just to add, are you sure that in sounds and audio devices and once in their goto the voice tab, is your mic setup for the default device for Voice recording ? Like my headset is plugged into a usb digital plantronics thing and shows USB plantronics headset in the voice recording part, but for voice playback its set for my XFI soundcard and under the audio tab they all default to my XFI

Goodnight

ok i was using ventrillo and I pressed under system sound a controll settings the recording input tab. when i have my control panel set to my audigy 9000 it works fine! BUTTTTT....
when i have it set to USB Audio. it says

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR SOUND HARDWARE: TO INSTALL MIXER DEVICES PLEASE GOTO ADD HARDWARE IN YOUR CONTROL PANEL.

Hmmm, so basically its saying that it isnt installed correctly and its corrupt or similar.

And we are talking about a USB device, so their really shouldnt be anything to it, just plug and play unless it came with a driver cd ?

I dunno, if it worked then it stopped working it could just be faulty ? have you tried it in another pc ?

If you can, try it in another pc and see if it works, if it does then come and post and tell us, cuz it could just be faulty, especially if its brand new and it only worked once before messing up.

One more thing, you have probably done this, but I find that a few of my USB devices, once I first plug them into my computer, if I unplug them and put them into any other usb slot after they have been installed, they wont work, they have to go back into the original USB slot that they were first plugged into and installed on, could this be the case here ?

When i run into trouble like this i have found that right clicking the USB hub the device is attached to in the device manager and uninstalling it fixes the problem. What happens when you do that is all devices on that hub go dead so have a spare PS/2 mouse handy. Then when you restart it will reinstall the hub drivers and everything attached to it.

Back