Need new headphones

Bennyb

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Messages
2,556
I've been through so many pairs of cheap headphones in the past few years that i'm looking for something that will hold me over for a while instead of a few months.

I bought earbuds as my last pair and fell in love with them. I have no idea what model they were but they were some sony little shit kickers. The sound was pretty good, and they made a nice seal with my ear giving a sort of 'noise canceling' effect. So, thats what i'm looking for now... something <100 dollars in ear, and good for any range of things from traveling, to exercising.

Thanks
 
etymotic er-6i
shure e2c (e2g)
ultimate ears super.fi 3
v-moda vibes

if you want to splurge:
westone um1
shure se210
etymotic er4

if you've lost your mind:
ultimate ears ue-10


I have the er-6i's they have very nice detail and sound great when you get a good seal. There are many reviews out there for all of these, try headfi.org. You'll hear about the er-6i's cheap feeling, thin cables but there's really nothing cheap about them. I wrap them around my hand a few times and put them in the nice carrying baggy they come with and all is good don't be fooled by reviews that say they are cheap unless of course you are some kind of gorilla creature. You probably won't find better isolation than with the er-6is either.

I've never tried the others so I won't comment on them. Also the V-moda vibes don't seal like the other IEM's--they may not be what you're looking for.
 
Back
Top