• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need LCD Advice...

Thermo1223

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 1, 2000
Messages
1,295
Currently using a Viewsonic 17" CRT, want a LCD and finally am ready to buy. Now what is better spending money a top of the line 17" or a mid level 19".

I will use it for some gaming, then other productivity task. I say 50/50 as for as gaming vs. net/word/chat goes.

Very briefly will it be used for photo editing, like once in a blue moon.

I hear Samsung is great for LCD's, also thought Viewsonic made pretty decent ones too.

So buying from Newegg or any other store. What's the best thing to do?

I can't go any higher then 19", just don't have a big enough desk right now for it.
 
I'd personally go for a nicer 17" since they're the same resolution anyways, and still plenty big.

*But*, don't buy an LCD without first giving it a try. I made the transition and hated my LCD, using a CRT now. Some people are more sensitive than others to the differences, so try first. Also, remember that specs don't mean everything since there's not a definitive way to measure all of that stuff.
 
Back
Top