• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need ideas for new computer desk

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
22,089
Yo [H]orde,
I'm in need of a new computer desk and would like some ideas.

My criteria:
* Room for a full tower case (Corsair 400R) either on the desk or in a built in cubby/cabinet.
* 24-27" Monitor, maybe multi-monitor (3) at some point in the future, not a deal breaker if it can only house a single.
* Large/wide slide-out keyboard tray.
* Either standard or corner desk layout is preferred.
* I'd like to keep the price under $200, as I'm on a pretty strict budget.

Retail stores in my area (Omaha & Lincoln, NE and Council Bluffs, IA):
* Officemax
* Office Depot
* Staples
* NFM
* Wal-Mart
* Target
* Best Buy
* CostCo
 
If i didnt have a desk right now, I would buy some birch or adler wood panels from Lowes (about 6 feet to 8 feet in length), stain it the color I want, seal it, and put it on top of wood legs, metal pipes, or cabinets of some sort. Very study panel if you dont do body slams with friends or family in your house.
 
If you're not against taking a ~300 mile road trip, then there's an Ikea in Twin Cities, MN. Plenty of the forum members here use their desks (myself included). Their "Galant" series is awesome.
 
Would love to see pics of desk models with full tower and 24"+ monitor setups
 
I'd second the recommendation for Ikea Galant, I've used them for quite a while and they hold up well. A lot of their stuff is pretty hit-or-miss but the Galant desks are definitely on the better end of the spectrum. Under $200 might be tricky to do though, especially if shipping gets added to the cost.
 
Back
Top