Need help

calumowns

n00b
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
3
Hi Hardforum,

I'm knew to this forum and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good 7.1 sound system. I'd also like to be able to add to this if I chose to and be able to connect it to my pc so I can play off I-tunes.

My budget is around £550.

Any help would be appreciated
 
I don't know that they even make 7.1 for computer speakers. At that price and if you really want 7.1 (it's really not necessary 95% of the time) then you're probably going to be looking at, I think, an Onkyo HTIB set, like the perennially on-sale HT-SR800.

I would suggest instead to look for 5.1. The rear channel(s) really don't add enough to be worth the extra expense on a limited budget. With shipping from the US->UK your options are probably kind of limited, otherwise I'd suggest those av123 b-stock original X-series speakers (jeez, doesn't anyone want to buy those anymore?), and a cheap receiver like a Panny digital one. You might be able to scrape by under $1k USD for that.
 
I dont know the exact dimensions, but it is big enough to hold a king size bed and have plenty of room
 
Back
Top