• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need Help with Power Supply

actompkins

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
2,315
I am building a new comp and have a question. I would like to use my Pc Power and Cooling Silencer 750 quad. Its an older copper-coloered one but still works strong after 3+builds. My new rig I am building with my 12 year old. We are using a Corsair 800 case, Sabertooth motherboard, 3750K cpu, Single 680 gtx, H100 cooler, 12 gigs of ram and a single drive for now. Will this power supply power this set up? Like I said this an older model not a newer one.
 
just how old are we talking? 750 should be plenty of juice, but if it is really old you might want to have a look at the electrolytic capacitors. It seems like I have to start recapping PSUs at about 7 years, just my experience.
 
It's a high quality power supply from ~2007 (earliest review I could find was Anandtech in 2007). It should be fine.
 
I'm with Tsumi, maybe pop the cover and make sure none of the caps are bulging, but I would run with it.

"degrade with use" is just vague FUD, I have recapped a lot of old gear...and run it flat out 24-7 for years more. The electrolytics ARE what degrades, and they usually show signs before they go.
 
Yep about 2007. Its been sitting unused in a case for more than 4 years though.
 
Back
Top