Hi Everyone!
I have a problem with my desktop, you see. I recently bought a used QX9770 on ebay as a stop gap upgrade for a desktop from an older Q9550. I was planning to O'C the CPU, but I'm having trouble getting it stable even at stock.
I replaced the Q9550 with the new chip today. I then ran Prime 95 using small FFT settings (maximum stress to the CPU) and it passed for 8 hours 40 minutes. However, when I tried to reboot and play Bad Company 2, it BSOD'd on me while loading a map. I even tried another game Street Fighter 4's benchmark and it would either reboot or BSOD towards the end of the benchmark.
I have tried taking one of the RAM chips out, and increasing the MCH core voltage to 1.22v and it would still crash during the benchmark every single time. I forgot to plug in the extra power connectors to my GTX460 during my first boot and I'm worried I may have fried the PCI-E port or the card itself.
Most frustratingly though, is that when I run the blend test for prime 95 it BSODs within minutes of the test. I going to try run memtest86+ on the ram tomorrow and see if it works but I'm just not sure if there are any of my components that are damaged or failing, or it's just the chip itself.
Does anyone know what might be causing this? The BSOD's have all been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. 0x0000000A. or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. 0x000000D1
My full specs are:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
Gigabyte EP45-DS4
MSI GTX460 Cyclone
Sound Blaster Titanium X-FI
4GB Kit Kingston HyperX RAM rated at 1066 5-5-5-15 @ 2.2v
Thank in advance.
I have a problem with my desktop, you see. I recently bought a used QX9770 on ebay as a stop gap upgrade for a desktop from an older Q9550. I was planning to O'C the CPU, but I'm having trouble getting it stable even at stock.
I replaced the Q9550 with the new chip today. I then ran Prime 95 using small FFT settings (maximum stress to the CPU) and it passed for 8 hours 40 minutes. However, when I tried to reboot and play Bad Company 2, it BSOD'd on me while loading a map. I even tried another game Street Fighter 4's benchmark and it would either reboot or BSOD towards the end of the benchmark.
I have tried taking one of the RAM chips out, and increasing the MCH core voltage to 1.22v and it would still crash during the benchmark every single time. I forgot to plug in the extra power connectors to my GTX460 during my first boot and I'm worried I may have fried the PCI-E port or the card itself.
Most frustratingly though, is that when I run the blend test for prime 95 it BSODs within minutes of the test. I going to try run memtest86+ on the ram tomorrow and see if it works but I'm just not sure if there are any of my components that are damaged or failing, or it's just the chip itself.
Does anyone know what might be causing this? The BSOD's have all been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. 0x0000000A. or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. 0x000000D1
My full specs are:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
Gigabyte EP45-DS4
MSI GTX460 Cyclone
Sound Blaster Titanium X-FI
4GB Kit Kingston HyperX RAM rated at 1066 5-5-5-15 @ 2.2v
Thank in advance.