Need help replacing blown tweeter

Syndicated_Death

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
1,603
Welp I really did it now! I managed to blow the tweeters on my Polk Monitor 40's. I got a hold of polk to see about some replacements but they want 40 a tweeter. personally I don't feel like pouring out 80 clams for something that might blow again. so with this in mind I'm interested in finding some higher quality tweeters I can feel ok about spending that kind of money on.

what I need help with is finding the right 1" domed tweeter that I can mount into polks proprietary mount. the tweeter is basically glued in there. most replacment tweeters I've seen at partsexpress have a screw mounting plate on them that wouldn't work at all with these polks. so anyone got some advice for me on something that would be a better tweeter than this:

1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm)
Dynamic Balance Silk/polymer composite dome, magnetically shielded
 
check ebay for some replacement tweeters.might get a set of em cheaper.
 
I've come to realize that I will need some form of a rear mount tweeter. most of these are face mount. with that in mind how many of these mounts can be easily removed leaving the bare tweeter?
 
I've come to realize that I will need some form of a rear mount tweeter. most of these are face mount. with that in mind how many of these mounts can be easily removed leaving the bare tweeter?

I'm curious as to how you're going to get it out and back in. Don't most companies like that seal up their cabinets?
 
Back
Top