Need help on heating issues

Wolfcat71

n00b
Not sure haven't built a new system in a long time and trying to learn what I can from everyone here. Too start with my system:
P4 2.8c 512kcache HT with an Abit AI7 Motherboard.
I got the processor and retail fan. Problem I noticed is on the Abit board the processor sits at a 45degree angle on the board so the heatsink and fan dosen't really line up, when I asked about it I was told it wont make a diffirence to put it on the chip and it will still work. So I did I have 2 hard drives and 1 CD rom in the computer along with a ATI 9600pro and Audigy sound card. I have a Slot Fan, Antec power supply fan and installed a Fan in the back of the case since the case doesn't have a fan placement in the front to bring air into the case. The Fan I put into the back of the case I have it pulling air in from the outside, hoping to pull the air out using the PSU and the Slot fan. The ABIT has a temp monitoring on it that tells me the the Temps that the CPU is running at 40c idle and 55c-60c when playing my games such as Halo is what I was playing at the time. The case temp was at around 45c and 30c when its idle. Any idea what I can do to get the temp down, should I get a new case and heatsink, also I haven't done any OC at this time or is the temps I have about normal for a P4.

Back