need help on a system build

dbendebel

Weaksauce
Hey everybody, its about that time of year to start on a new system for me. im finally letting go of my opty 165 rig (selling parts, pm me if you were interested) and moving on to intel's quad cores. Alright so far, i've been reading up successful overclocks on the database. first off let me tell you what my setup will be...

motherboard: depends on my processor. need help on figuring out which is best for overclocking a q66 and a q67. abit ip35 pros so far has been getting good reviews as well as the asus p5k series for the q66, but i havent seen anyone really overclock a q67 on various motherboards...

processor: its between a q6600 or a q6700. according to the database, a lot of people are mostly oc'ing the q66 instead of the q67. im just not sure which to go with just yet.

memory: i just bought 2x1GB sticks of the DDR2 800 2GB GOLD DUAL CH. KIT OCZ for hella cheap. i heard they overclock real well, so im going to stick with that. i just want to make sure the memory would work well overclocked on the board i choose.

i just need help on which motherboard and memory will go for either a q6600 or a q6700 for overclocking past 3 ghz with the thermalright ultra 120x...:confused:

P35 boards are very stable except you can't have Sli/Crossfire so if you are going to be using a single card these are a good choice.

Im going with an Asus P5E which has an X38 chipset as i have been reading good things about them and i have always been an Asus fan and had good luck with their products in the past.

I think most people go with the 6600 and not 6700 because of the price diff....but that is just my guess

made up my mind :) going with q66 and the ip35 pro. works well with oc'ing the ocz memory from what i heard. thanks guys :D

P35 boards are very stable except you can't have Sli/Crossfire so if you are going to be using a single card these are a good choice.

Am I missing something here? Because last time I checked, all Bearlake chipsets support crossfire. Or atleast the P35s.

Back