- Joined
- Oct 17, 2000
- Messages
- 1,875
I really need some help with a Raid Issue I'm having on a Dell XPS system. My boss gave me his Dell XPS system to upgrade however I never relized it came with a raid stripe setup. I need to Ghost the raid stripe drives to a single IDE 500gb drive. Thankfully Norton ghost see's the raid stripe drives as the single 300gb and I've managed to ghost the drive over to the 500gb twice but with no luck booting. After the ghost finishes, I restart the machine and boot off the 500gb but I get the error "read disk error has occured, ctrl-alt,del to reboot." I've set the drive to active and copied the mrb aswell.
Just a note, because the Dell already has 2 IDE cd drives I had to install a IDE controllor card which I have the 500gb drive on. After ghosting the raid stripe to the 500gb, I've tried booting the 500 right from the board as well as from the controller card but with the same error. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
What I'm trying to do in the end is install a Dell Gen 5 motherboard into his Dell Gen 4 XPS so that I can upgrade the CPU to a Pentium D.
Just a note, because the Dell already has 2 IDE cd drives I had to install a IDE controllor card which I have the 500gb drive on. After ghosting the raid stripe to the 500gb, I've tried booting the 500 right from the board as well as from the controller card but with the same error. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
What I'm trying to do in the end is install a Dell Gen 5 motherboard into his Dell Gen 4 XPS so that I can upgrade the CPU to a Pentium D.