• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need headphone recommendation

Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
670
I'm looking for a pair of headphones for personal use mainly for the computer. I've narrowed my choices down to the following headphones:

Sony MDR-V600 $70 or so
Sony MDR-7506 $100 or so
Sennheiser HD280 Pro $80 or so

I can't decide which one to get. Does anyone have experience with any of these cans and can you give your experience good or bad? I am leaning towards the 7506 due to its replacability/repairability by easily replacing the cups. I've also heard people say that this pair is the pair a lot of musicians use to do their recordings so I'll be hearing what they intend for their music to sound.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
 
None of them especially the Sony's.

Sennheiser HD555, Audio Technica A500 or A700 are all fine headphones b/w 100-130 bucks which will run great out of ur PC.
 
spaceman said:
None of them especially the Sony's.

Sennheiser HD555, Audio Technica A500 or A700 are all fine headphones b/w 100-130 bucks which will run great out of ur PC.
I second this.

Although the HD280pro is very analytical, it's got its short commings.
Personally, I woudln't buy any that you listed.

The sony's didn't impress me in the least; not in sound quality, not in build quality, and not in comfort.

If you can bump up your budget, I would also look into the beyerdynamic DT250 (150$) and DT770pro 80ohm (160$).
 
Ahh, too late ZZF won't let me cancel anymore. I ended up getting the HD 280, wish I'd seen this before I ordered but oh well.
 
You wont be disappointed with the HD280s, honestly. I use them at work. They are easily the best out of the 3 headphones that you originally listed. I would have spent 25 bucks more and gone with the HD555, though. But the 280 is definitely worth the 80.
 
Back
Top