need fast help !! 4850 !...

asd1301

n00b
i know it's hard to answer right now ..or maby not ?:eek:
but my friend is coming back now from the USA to visit here little bit in israel and he told me he can bring me some hardware (cos here pc hardware veryyyy expensive)
i donno what to do ! the 4850 isn't out yet for sale ....and i can bring a 8800GTS MSI G92 at 200$ NOW wich is 120$ less from the price here in israel :(

what do u think ? should i get the 8800GTS and that's it ? or wait for the 4850 and buy it in my country for much ...MUCH more ...when it's out for sale here ?
i donno how much the 4850 will be better ' that's the problem i guess :mad:

what do u think ?

p.s why do i need a 4850 anyway if it's the same features as a 8800GTS today ? it's still DX 10 not even 10.1 noap ?

plz need a fast decision (today) and your help

10x all :D

it depends on ur friends gaming resolution and monitor size. a 8800gt might even be enough for him

i know my english is NOT so good ....i ment my friend from new york is coming here to ME ...(i'm from israel) ....HE suppose to bring me some new hardware from the USA (newEGG) to here ....
my monitor is a new (3 days old) LG2252TQ 22' .....
:)

ps: some 1 know why the " instant email notification" isn't working ?

well the radeon 4850 is supposed to be 40% faster than the 8800gt which would be a big jump but since it is going to cost you alot more to wait and get it in israel then i would tell ur friend to get a 8800gt or 8800gts for you and you can get a 4850 later in the year or next year when prices go down. for a 22' monitor a 8800gts would be great for most games

wonder why newegg isn't selling it now :( ...

ps : my mistake ..." instant email notification" IS working ...just my stupied INCREDIMAIL put my "hardforum" emails to JUNKMAIL - needed to tell it that "hardforum" stuff isn't JUNK !! :D

the 4850 isnt for sale for another 2 weeks.

if you wanted to get a 8800gt heres a xfx one with a zalman cooler for 159.99 and a 30 mail in rebate

no way 8800GT ...if so i..t's ONLY a 8800GTS G92
but all over 200$ still ...hmm ....:rolleyes:

9800 gtx for 270 or lower on zip fly zoom, though i guess your friend cant pick up from there :(

tell him to bring you the 8800gts

then sell the 8800gts for the Israeli price and put those funds toward buying a 4850 at the Israeli price

you save the difference between the American and Israeli prices on the 8800GTS (~ $120 i think you said?)

this might not be a lot but at least it's a start

i wouldnt suggest getting the 9800gtx as it barely performs better than a 8800gts for 60 more, just get the 8800gts

ok ...10x all

but i'll be reallyyy pissed if in the end ..the 4850 will be like ...20% better !!:mad:

:D

it maybe 20% better but if ur already paying 320 for a 8800gts id be afraid to hear what u have to pay for a 4850 maybe $350 in israel which compared to a 8800gts at $200 may not seem worth it

some review said the 4850 is 40% faster than 8800GT BUT till I see it myself I am not going to believe anything on N or A on this.

The true is most games won't optimize for ATI cards. Just take a look at Assassin's Creed. Nvidia is paying the big names to optimize their cards for them while ATI doesn't hvae the same sort of resource. ATI might be great card in benchmark, but most games will still better played with Nvidia cards. It kinda reminded me the old days when Voodoo 2 beats Nvidia's cards with optimized drivers etc. What if Nvidia will pay all big titles an X amount of money so all ATI cards will perform badly? It is not impossible.

ok ...10x all

but i'll be reallyyy pissed if in the end ..the 4850 will be like ...20% better !!:mad:

Then just wait. *shrug* 4850 is supposed to be like $199-210 when it drops here, but it may take awhile to get past the early price gouging.

~S

You'd be better off in the long run waiting for the 4850, even if it runs you a premium in your own country.

Back