need AHCI/SATA drivers for xp Slipstream

I have a asus P5Q-E board and would like to installed XP 32 bit with the AHCI/SATA (Intel ICH10R) drivers Slipstream with nLite, the problem is that I don't know what drivers to get. Can you guys please help me out.

Get this:

http://members.cox.net/br0adband/How_To_Integrate_SATA_Drivers_into_A_Custom_Windows_CD.zip

Read it or give it a good cursory run through. Yes, it's long, yes, it's wordy but it'll edjumicate you on stuff you need to know that'll help you later on when you really need it. Yes, it'll teach you how to do the slipstreaming with nLite as well. And yes, I wrote it. :D

I can't say what drivers you need because you'll need to figure that out based on the specific controller you have on that mobo as part of the chipset. The assumption is you're going to use XP 32 bit, but you could be using XP Pro x64 (like some of us <hint, hint>) and that would require a different driver set. Specs on the mobo say it's an Intel P45/ICH10R chipset so you'd head to http://support.intel.com and punch in P45 in the Search box, that'll take you to the page to get the drivers you'll need - the Intel Storage Matrix ones.

Get the floppy based version, follow the guide I linked to and you'll be all set.

Good luck...

I just did something like this yesterday, but I was too lazy to slipstream it and reinstall XP. :p

This is what you can do: disable native SATA, install XP, patch it up, then manually update the controller driver in device manager to the native driver and reenable native SATA.

Download iata86enu.exe (unless you need a different language) as instructed above, and extract the files in it using this command:

iata86enu.exe -a -p c:\intel

In Device Manager, open the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers section and update the Intel(R) 82xxx... driver. Choose the option to select the driver yourself. Point it to c:\intel\winall\driver\iaAHCI.inf. In the list, choose "Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller". You will get a warning, but continue anyways. Let it install and reboot when prompted. Immediately after installing the driver, go back into CMOS Setup (BIOS) and change the SATA mode back to native, save and restart. When Windows starts again, it will recognize the controllers and drives again and you'll be running in native SATA mode.

And just a brief point: if you had a floppy or USB floppy (and BIOS support to use it as an internal drive), you could just F6 the XP install, put in the disc and be on your merry way. No messing around with slipstreaming, no work-arounds like above, etc. Everyone is so anti-floppy these days that they forget how simple it makes things sometimes. :p I have a USB floppy, but I forgot to enable native SATA before I started. I wasted 5 extra minutes.

You need the 32-bit Floppy Configuration Utility in the Intel Matrix Storage Manager section.

Here is the link to the zip file which contains a folder with the proper files for Windows XP for slipstreaming or installing from floppy with the F6 option.

Back