need advise on wiring.

doodie

n00b
I'm still new to case mod, I built this myself but is having trouble with wiring. Because the case itself doesnt have back panel to hide the wires and because I want the power supply's big fan to face up(hence act as a out flow fan).
So the wires difficult to hide and it's realy messy which annoys me.

The case is the new budget "Coolermaster Elite 430 Black" which only cost me $38 bucks new and the design is great, negative air flow keep my pc cool.

Can any of you expert here give me some advise on how to organize the wire better for the case with no back panel to hide wire? it's just look very sloppy with all the wires dangling around in the case especially the case has clear
side panel.

Any comment or advise are welcome! thanks!
caseA.jpg

caseB.jpg

I CAN! LoL, My apollo has NO cable management help whatsoever, but I found a way, let me just post a pic. This is what it was a month or so ago, and I have even improved it since I got white sleeved cables for my GPU as well.

dscn1859g.jpg

The key is zip ties and twist ties, and sometimes even a little electrical tape.

However coming this winter I am getting an h60 heatsink so in the spirit of corsair's elegance I am going to mod some more and make my own cable routing holes in the mobo tray to help out. I may also remove the 3.5 inch drive bay and move the hdd cage to the open space in my 5.25 inch drive bay.

there is always a way to hide stuff.

my case is a Lian Li A05NB...probably one of the most heavily modded cases out there but severely lacking in stock cable management...one must resort to extreme measures. it's my first build, and managing cables was most definately the hardest part
PB4UGO-6.jpg

PB4UGO-1.jpg

I CAN! LoL, My apollo has NO cable management help whatsoever, but I found a way, let me just post a pic. This is what it was a month or so ago, and I have even improved it since I got white sleeved cables for my GPU as well.

dscn1859g.jpg

The key is zip ties and twist ties, and sometimes even a little electrical tape.

However coming this winter I am getting an h60 heatsink so in the spirit of corsair's elegance I am going to mod some more and make my own cable routing holes in the mobo tray to help out. I may also remove the 3.5 inch drive bay and move the hdd cage to the open space in my 5.25 inch drive bay.

looks nice! I love the way you manage the cables. :)

but my problem is that the power supply cables are too short to move around and I've mid-size case which is quite small.... I'll see if I can buy some cable extension so I can hide the cables in the empty drive space.

there is always a way to hide stuff.

my case is a Lian Li A05NB...probably one of the most heavily modded cases out there but severely lacking in stock cable management...one must resort to extreme measures. it's my first build, and managing cables was most definately the hardest part
PB4UGO-6.jpg

PB4UGO-1.jpg

Love your case! It somehow reminds me of the SW Storm Trooper theme.

looks nice! I love the way you manage the cables. :)

but my problem is that the power supply cables are too short to move around and I've mid-size case which is quite small.... I'll see if I can buy some cable extension so I can hide the cables in the empty drive space.

Yes, cable extensions can make a huge difference on a psu with shorter cables, esp in a case without cable management. :D

I'm still new to case mod, I built this myself but is having trouble with wiring. Because the case itself doesnt have back panel to hide the wires and because I want the power supply's big fan to face up(hence act as a out flow fan).

The case is the new budget "Coolermaster Elite 430 Black" which only cost me $38 bucks new and the design is great, negative air flow keep my pc cool.

Can any of you expert here give me some advise on how to organize the wire better for the case with no back panel to hide wire? it's just look very sloppy with all the wires dangling around in the case especially the case has clear
side panel.

caseA.jpg

caseB.jpg

Dude, i've got the exact same case... there are ALOT of ways you can make that case look very clean... first of all, flip that PSU over, that fan is an intake so it should be intaking cold air from the bottom of the case.... second, buy some zip ties and fix it up.... i'll attach pics of the unit i built on the case so you can see it can be done :)....

Dude, i've got the exact same case... there are ALOT of ways you can make that case look very clean... first of all, flip that PSU over, that fan is an intake so it should be intaking cold air from the bottom of the case.... second, buy some zip ties and fix it up.... i'll attach pics of the unit i built on the case so you can see it can be done :)....

Thanks mate!!! A pciture would really help, I really need to see how it's done.

My brother keep telling me to forget it since the PC's temperture(CPU, Graphic card and MB) is usually around 20-35 degree(it's a basement computer) which is super cool but I just cant stand the mess i created.

yes i know the PSU fan is an intake and I'm using it as an extra fan to make it negative air flow in the case.

Last edited:
Thanks mate!!! A pciture would really help, I really need to see how it's done.

My brother keep telling me to forget it since the PC's temperture(CPU, Graphic card and MB) is usually around 20-35 degree(it's a basement computer) which is super cool but I just cant stand the mess i created.

yes i know the PSU fan is an intake and I'm using it as an extra fan to make it negative air flow in the case.

Well sure the components temp are cool but has your bro ever thought, better cabling = better airflow = better cooling :) .... none then less, here are the pics.... Mind you its not high end unit whatsoever, its for my 5 year old daughter. i plan on taking apart the front, top, and side panels and painting them for her....

photonov1911911pm.jpg

photonov1911918pm.jpg

photonov1911923pm.jpg

photonov1911928pm.jpg

photonov1911938pm.jpg

Last edited:
No real need to buy extensions, as I'm looking at the board on the right hand side, there should be 3 screws that are holding your mother board in place. Take your card(s) out, and remove those 3 screws, the 3 on the other side, against the back plate, can be loosened but let the mother board hang from them, dont remove completely. You will also have to remove your top blow hole fan temporally, just to make stuff easier.

Run your atx 12v behind the mother board, in as straight of a line as possible to its connector at the top. There is a good chance that the sleeve on the cord may be to thick to make the sharp bend, but the individual wires can make it just fine, so just slide the sleeve back down the cord a little if you cant seem to get it to do what you want it to. Run you main ATX umbilical just inside of the stand offs, you can have it snake around a little to eat up the extra cord. Have it come out by its connector and make about a 2.5 to 3" loop back onto its self, that will clean up 1/2 of that mess. The wire at the very top, looks like it is part of the CPU HSF assembly, and be tucked behind the blow hole fan while you have it out.

Note that I didnt say behind the motherboard tray, I said behind the motherboard ;)

It may look like it wont work, but trust me it will.. there is more, but there is a lot of clutter get this part done, and post new pics and we will go from there.

dscn1859g.jpg

In your case, I would yank the bottom drive cage all together, put the HD in the cage above it, and let the fan at the front flow... right now its hitting a wall of steel and not doing much good... yeah, the HD will run a tad hotter, but not enough to make any real difference.

In your case, I would yank the bottom drive cage all together, put the HD in the cage above it, and let the fan at the front flow... right now its hitting a wall of steel and not doing much good... yeah, the HD will run a tad hotter, but not enough to make any real difference.

Essentially that's what I am doing, but my HDD doesn't seem to fit in that bay. It's odd, as I figured they would considering it's a 3.5inch bay.

side panel.

(Shit ton of 4079x40000000000000 pixel photos)

Here's my Coolermaster Elite 430, with 4 HDD's and I managed it pretty damn well, for a quad monitor setup too!

100_0656 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0650 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0649 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0645 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0644 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0637 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0636 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0634 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0633 by 2Kty, on Flickr

100_0624 by 2Kty, on Flickr

It took A COUPLE hours but was very well worth it!

Though I have long since not used the case, this was the last time I had done cable management for it, and found a better pic than the one I had posted above.

dscn3551cs.jpg

Back