• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need advice on speakers

The Behringers -- yes, emphatically. I don't know about the other two.
You may check your local craigslist, if any, right before ordering though.
 
forget the Creative speakers honestly, the Behringers aren't bad, neither are the M-Audios, if you can audition them yourself it'd help you make a better decision, although generally either is "good"
 
I dunno. M-audio is good, but I've heard some people say they've had their right speakers fail on them. Actually the right speaker on my m-audio av30 just failed which is kind of frustrating.

The reviews on the behringers seem to make them out to have kind of funky build quality.

So I guess it's the question of which is the lesser evil: superficially lower build quality causing things not to work, or mysterious failures of the right speaker.

I think I will probably just order a replacement of my m-audios because they do sound very good for the price ($100), and just hope that I get a good pair this time.
 
Ah, I haven't used speakers in a while so I'm not very sure what would be a good choice.
I've heard good stuff about the AV-40's and hopefully they won't crap out on me (Ordering first thing tomorrow morning)

Still open to suggestions on a good 2.0 setup, Budget $100-$200.
 
Thanks for the advice guys! I ordered the AV-40's this morning, I'm curious if I will need a sound card? If so which one?
 
What kinds of things are you wanting to do with them? Just music and games or audio creation, mixing, etc?
 
Back
Top