• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need advice on a quiet pump

AtomicFire

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
1,214
I'm going to watercool my new computer for noise reasons and for the coolness factor :p

I need some advice:

P4 2.8E
Abit IC7 MAX3
Radeon 9600XT AIW
Antec Super LANboy case (stock fans)

DangerDen TDX CPU Waterblock
Black ice 120mm rad mounted on rear 120mm exhaust port - going to get a shroud

basically i'm also going to cool the chipset and the VGA chip, if I can find one that fits the AIW's

So heres what I need help with:

1. i don't need super-cooling so what are some of the quietest pumps out there?
2. anyone know of block that is know to work on the 9600XT AIW's?
3. what is the a recommended order for the water to flow?
4, any comments? things I should watch out for?


thanks for your time

-AtomicFire
 
I have an Eheim 1250 and it's silent provided it's not vibrating on anything. Although is quite large for my case, i may get one of the smaller versions just for space reasons.
 
I use a Maxijet1200, it flows well enough for a LRWW and DD Maze4 GPU cooler. With all my case fans turned off, I can't hear it over my chipset fan and when I was testing it, I had to put my ear close to it to hear it. Like the previous poster mentioned, contact vibrations are your main concern. The Maxi has a 3 rubber suction cup mount that does a good job of isolating any vibrations.
 
Back
Top