• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need advice for new build

Fitch25

n00b
Joined
Jul 1, 2012
Messages
2
Hey guys, im gonna be building a new gaming system. I will be getting either 1 asus vg278h monitor and 1 samsung s27b970d monitor or 2 samsung s27b970d monitors. Graphics card wise what do you guys think i should get to run the screens.

Thx in advance
 
I would personally go for 2560x1440 resolution (samsung) over 120hz(asus) at 27"

Either way you will need a 7950/7970 or 670/680 depending on what games you play.

When asking for a graphics card it helps for you to let everyboudy know a few things:

1) Games that you play
2) Desired settings (i.e. all max)
3) Resolution (i.e.1920x1080)
4) monitor hz (60 or 120)
5) budget
6) manufacture preference (AMD or Nvidia)
 
For gaming I prefer 120hz over 1440 hands down. The VG278H is a beast!

Regardless, why do you want two of the same monitors? I assume you will game on one display and use the second for teamspeak, vent, steam friends, vitals, etc.?
 
I plan on playing all types of games from FPS to MMO's. Rather the settings be as high as they can be without sacraficing performance. There really isnt a budget.... money isnt a problem and i really dont mind which manufacture i use just other peoples input on how they perform.
 
I plan on playing all types of games from FPS to MMO's. Rather the settings be as high as they can be without sacraficing performance. There really isnt a budget.... money isnt a problem and i really dont mind which manufacture i use just other peoples input on how they perform.

This is sure to turn into a amd vs. nvidia battle so I'll say my spill than head out.

If money is not an issue I would steer you towards a nice aftermarket 7970 or 680 4gb.

Here is the [H] reviews on the cards:

GeForce 680 & 670 vs. Radeon 7970 & 7950 Gaming Perf.

Bust since this review, AMD release a new series of cards: AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition Video Card Review

As far as 7970 here here is one to get you started:
MSI 7970 Lighting

As far as 680 here is one to get you started: (If you are going to game on two monitors at 2560x1440 I would go 4gb versions)
EVGA 680 gtx ftw 4gb

Best of luck.
 
Back
Top