need a new mobo for prescott

comcipher

n00b
I was able to trade out my old 2.0 ghz P4 for a 2.8 Ghz P4 with a prescott core. Unfortunatly my current motherboard (Biostar P4VTB) will not support prescott processors, and it is cheaper to buy a new motherboard then buy a new processor that will work with my current rig. I have found a few at newegg that look very good, but I can't make up my mind as to which would suit me the best. Which motherboards do you suggest I look into? My budget is somewhere between $40 and $90, but that is flexible if there is a compelling reason to spend more. Any suggestions?

comcipher said:
I was able to trade out my old 2.0 ghz P4 for a 2.8 Ghz P4 with a prescott core. Unfortunatly my current motherboard (Biostar P4VTB) will not support prescott processors, and it is cheaper to buy a new motherboard then buy a new processor that will work with my current rig. I have found a few at newegg that look very good, but I can't make up my mind as to which would suit me the best. Which motherboards do you suggest I look into? My budget is somewhere between $40 and $90, but that is flexible if there is a compelling reason to spend more. Any suggestions?

I have the Abit IS7 and IC7-G and the Asus P4C800 Deluxe. I'm running a 3.2 Prescott with a gig of OCZ 3500EB memory and all 3 of these boards run nearly identical. The only difference is that the IS7 is an 865 chipset while the other 2 are 875. If it matters to you, they all overclock almost exactly the same (for me that is) and the 875's have a few more features like the extra SATA ports. So it really just comes down to how much you want to spend and what features you need to have? Any one of these boards would work beautifully for you!

Back