Need A Good Microphone

-=WooDWorKeR420=-

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
392
Hey,

I am in the market for a new microphone which will be used mainly for gaming. The last mic i had was a cheapy desktop mic that worked great for $7 CDN but I am having a hard time finding a replacement for it.

I wanted to know if there are any real good microphones I should be considering? I was never big into the headset mic's but it seems that alot of people are.
I had been considering http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/microphones/devices/258&cl=ca,en or this http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/microphones/devices/221&cl=ca,en
Does anyone have any recomendations or suggestions on brands or models? I dont want anything super expensive, just a good all round mic that will last a long time!

Any input is appreciated!

Cheers
 
It works just fine with vent/teamspeak. Just have to make sure to move it kinda close enough to you and not have it half way across the desk.

Nobody has ever complained that they could not hear me nor has anyone complained about all the background noise when using it with a ptt button enabled even though the game sound is fairly loud on my end.

Even with a fan on in the room it is much better than my old mic was.

Just have to remember iun vent/teamspeak to set it as your mic the first time. I forgot once and was going crazy on why no one could hear me.
 
I use the Zalman clip on mic and people in BF2 say they hear me loud and clear.
 
the Zalman mic doesn't even need to be clipped on. I leave it on top of my monitor or next to my keyboard facing towards me. I don't have to lean in to speak or anything. It reads loud and clear and at the same time, somehow, it doesn't pick up my 4870X2 fan at 50%.
 
anybody have any experiance with THIS? I am trying to stay away from USB microphones as I am told that they use port emulation and I already have 2 open mic ports!
Again I am just looking for something releativly cheap, that works good.
 
Back
Top