need a good aim client like deadaim but also like gaim [need help]

jtobrien

Limp Gawd
okay so I've been using deadAIM for years and I'm starting to dislike it based on the fact that the logs aren't very good and it is no longer updated.

What I especially like about DeadAIM is the fact that you can do multiple instances of it at once, but I haven't been seeing that in any other aim clients.

what I like about gaim is that you can change how your screenname as well as the person you're speaking to's screenname and it'll show up with the aliases in the chat window.

so what do you all recommend? I'm trying out miranda with different plugins right now but I don't really like it. :(

I suggest trillian, I believe it has the aliasing feature you mentioned as well as being able to connect multiple accounts across various messaging platforms (AIM, Yahoo, etc)

Miranda is probably your best overall, but it takes a good while to make it look/work as you want it.

For an easier use I suggest Trillian also.
Mine currently lets me have multiple tabs talking to many users, though when trying to set it up again on another computer I could only get it to group people by the sections I have them divided by. (Their groups)

I have not tried the renaming part of it, but I think it works similar, plus you can be logged on to multiple accounts at the same time (AIM/MSN/etc.)

Back