Need 6-port fan controller with HI/LO/OFF setting that can handle my fans...plz help!

Hey there...OK...I need to replace my current baybus...I currently have one of THESE...now it says this:

Each switch is rated to a spec of 8W of power...8W per channel (pre-production units tested stable and safe at 14W on each channel at once, for a total power consumption of 84W across the baybus.)

OK...now the only alternative I have found is THIS...but it says on Zalman's website that the 4 knobs can take a "Maximum Power : 7.0W per channel" and the 2 switches can take"

Now I have a Vantec Tornado 80mm fan which eats up 9.1W...now that is 1.1W over the amount stated in the specs for my current baybus BUT it is 4.9W BELOW the tested stable and safe specs...

Now the Tornado is set as my CPU fan...Now when I have my PC OFF (which is rare) and I have the switch set on LO then when I turn the PC ON the fan does not always come on...but the mobo thinks it is working (I know this because I've set an alarm to sound when the CPU fan is NOT on)...All I have to do is switch it to HI and then back to LO...it does not happen on resets

If I get the Zalman fan controller then will the above situation happen if I put the Tornado on one of the four rheobus knobs??? Or should I stick with one of the two switches like I have it on right now???

Will the Zalman fan controller be able to handle a Tornado??? Right now I have a Tornado, an Antec multicolor LED fan, and 4 ThermalTake Smart Case II fans (1 with the Coolmod)...those are connected to my current baybus but it gets HOT the more you put on LO...in fact the PCB on the back is a tad burned...it needs some heatsinks or something...

So any info you can give me would be VERY helpful...THANX
C'YA ?:-D

P.S.: Any way to take all those advertisements off of the Zalman fan controller??? It's plastid with whote paint on it right??? Could some careful work with a screwdriver or pin work at picking off the paint???

I haven't really been keeping up on fan busses lately (not since I was looking for mine), but maybe something by Sunbeam? I don't know if they make a 6 port, but their 4 port rheobus is rated at 20w per channel. Each channel can be adjusted from full "off", to 12v.
It has dual color LED's for each channel which change from red to blue at 7 volts (exactly 7v, I checked them all with my multi-meter). 7v is what it takes to run my 120mm YSTech fans, so I know they're running if the LED is blue.
You could run 2 fans per channel on a couple of them, and run 1 per channel for your higher voltage fans.
Although I don't run my CPU or vid card fan off the rheobus (just for safety) to prevent me from running them at too low a voltage or forgetting to turn them on. Just can't take the chance of burning them up.
The Sunbeam also has some pretty big heatsinks for each channel so it runs pretty cool.
SVC usually has them at a pretty good price.
Hope this was helpful.

Back