NEC 1760NX Review

Meng-Chieh

Weaksauce
Ok. It seems that I've settled for this monitor. But before I throw out my hard-earned...err...yeah...anyways...cash, I'd just like to get more opinions - so, anybody who's ever saw this monitor in action (w/ games, typing, web surfing, etc) pls do leave me your opinion - much appreciated!

Btw, I'll be purchasing this monitor @ $660 w/o tax (14.5%) CDN (Canadian $$), sound reasonable?

I picked mine up for $477 (USD though) total, and just set it up last week. I am running it using a DVI cable I bought seperately on my Radeon 9800 pro.

When I first set it up, the brightness was a little too high (easily adjustable) and there was one lit pixel near the top border. It's not readily noticable during gaming, the only place where it sticks out is during the boot process. As far as basic computer stuff, it's great, runs perfect at the native res (1280x1024) in Windows. So far, I've played BF1942, BFV, and Counter- Strike with it. No ghosting on any of these. The only thing is that BF runs at 1280x960 max resolution, so it doesn't match the native res, but doesn't cause any noticable difference. And when I played CS the graphics were quite a bit darker than normal, but I'm sure this can be corrected either within Steam or the monitor settings itself. I haven't had time to mess with it yet.

Word proc and internet display is great, I'm just having an interesting time adjusting to an LCD with my eyes, have always had a CRT. But so far, so good, I would definitely recommend this display. Hope this helps.

Clarification - Mine is the 1760NX-1 model, which is slightly updated. If you're buying new, most will be the -1, I think the only difference is the height adjustment system is a little different.

I have this LCD and I love it. It's even better than I thought it was going to be. The games play great and there is really no noticable ghosting once the lcd is warmed up (about 20min). When I first got it, I plugged it in with the vga cable and loaded battlefield and there was some ghosting, I was kind of disappointed. But after the warm up period it disappeared. :D Also, mine had no dead pixels. And when I play fps's I drop the res down to 1024x768. The pixel pitch is so tight you barely notice a difference. When you are on the desktop you can tell it's scaling the res. But during games it's barely noticable.

Also, be sure that you sit with eye level at the top of the lcd; looking down slightly. This seem's to be the best angle for color quality on mine. When I moved to dvi, I noticed a slight increase in sharpness and color. If you buy the dvi cable. Be sure it's DVI-D. I did a ghosting test. Pretty much dragging a shape across the screen on a contrasting background. This LCD still ghosts. But the ghost trail is about 5 pixels. Yeah, I got in real close and counted. :)

haha, yea. you sure the 'warm up' period isn't you adjusting? ;) I'm guessing its something like on a cell phone screen though. cell phone in your pocket for a 20 minute walk at 0 F and you hit a button, you have two images on the screen for a few seconds.

Back