NAV2005 installation problems

eric_sjh

n00b
I've been on safe mode now for 2 weeks just because i could not make it run ( i keep getting bsod each time i install it). i've uninstalled it and deleted all the registry keys of the previous version (NAV2004) just as symantec's tech support adviced me to. I also went to symantec's online support and did everything, still keep getting bsod memory dump message. anybody have the same problem and found a solution?? thanks.

what are the specs on your machine, including OS. i had a similar problem with a client running win98se

win XP
Abit kr7a-r

i've managed to uninstall NAV2005 now, and my system's back to normal without it. Problem is, each time i install it, i get bsod again. still tinkering...

i did another install of NAV2005 after my system got back stable and there it goes again...

page fault in non paged area....

is it lack of memory? i opened task manager and closed all programs running in the background before doing another install. i made sure only the clock was running in the sys tray. getting frustrated....

btw, i have 256mb memory which is more than enough for it i suppose

eric_sjh said:
i did another install of NAV2005 after my system got back stable and there it goes again...

page fault in non paged area....

is it lack of memory? i opened task manager and closed all programs running in the background before doing another install. i made sure only the clock was running in the sys tray. getting frustrated....

btw, i have 256mb memory which is more than enough for it i suppose

clearly it's not going to work.....

symantec products can be a major pain in the ass especially if you've had their other programs installed and uninstalled on a system before. i don't know why, but it's something i've come to learn. i've done everything they've suggested before to no avail. best option, format and install it first after a clean install.... seriously

deadoralive said:
clearly it's not going to work.....

symantec products can be a major pain in the ass especially if you've had their other programs installed and uninstalled on a system before. i don't know why, but it's something i've come to learn. i've done everything they've suggested before to no avail. best option, format and install it first after a clean install.... seriously

By rend products. Pc-Cillin 2005 is great. work wonderfuly. has intergrated firewall as well as realtime-scanning of a lot of spyware/adware. IMHO its the best personal AV out there.

I don't want to go through the fresh install route, it's too tedious plus i don't have enough time to do that...But i guess i'll be staying home all day today so i might entertain that thought. I still hope there is another easy way to go about it. Let's hear from the [H] gawds and see what they can suggest...Can NAV2005 be tamed?

This is serious...I am about to give up. For the life of me, I cannot get it to install without causing a bsod!!! I keep getting the bsod msg: PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA!!!!! HELP!!!

run ez anti virus / pc cillin from trend / avg / mcafee.

norton is too much of a memory hog

Back