Hi all,
I've been charged with getting a NAS for our office since there is way too much unorganized file transfer and storage going on. I'm all for this except that we need backups as well.
I'm expecting the actual storage needed to be ~250GB which I would be glad to overkill to 500GB.
So my logical thought would be to get a 500GB external to backup the NAS every week or so. Then in the nas use 2x500 in Raid1 or 2x250, maybe some combonation.
Would like to keep the NAS around or under $500, and then use some sata seagates as the drives.
Can anyone recommend a better offsite backup or NAS setup then what I've described ??? Any recommendation on units ?
Thanks
I've been charged with getting a NAS for our office since there is way too much unorganized file transfer and storage going on. I'm all for this except that we need backups as well.
I'm expecting the actual storage needed to be ~250GB which I would be glad to overkill to 500GB.
So my logical thought would be to get a 500GB external to backup the NAS every week or so. Then in the nas use 2x500 in Raid1 or 2x250, maybe some combonation.
Would like to keep the NAS around or under $500, and then use some sata seagates as the drives.
Can anyone recommend a better offsite backup or NAS setup then what I've described ??? Any recommendation on units ?
Thanks