MySpace Deletes 29,000 Sex Offenders

HardOCP News

[H] News
MySpace announced today that it has deleted the accounts of 29,000 convicted sex offenders, more than four times the figure the company had initially reported.

The new information was first revealed by U.S. state authorities after MySpace turned over information on convicted sex offenders it had removed from the service. "The exploding epidemic of sex offender profiles on MySpace -- 29,000 and counting -- screams for action," Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal said in a statement.

:eek: kyle ban him too! :) Just messing with ya lol.. *I knew you were kidding.

Shut up dan :p j/k

About time they do this, there alot of people that are below 18 that uses myspace, plus I don't know why they didn't do this a while ago.

Holy moly. Just how many registered offenders are out there? Did they ALL create a MySpace page?

Were all 29,000 doing nefarious things? Too bad the whole system is so screwed up and generalized that they all get lumped in with child rapists. Hell they even have kids on the list in some places.

Somebody does their time for their crime, then they get out, and are basically told "well, you are free, but you aren't allowed to work, live anywhere or associate with other human beings in any fashion."

Yeah, that'll make them good, law abiding citizens. The way it's heading now, all the sex offenders will be forced to live like Grizzly Adams, and will wind up banding together.. Somehow that doesn't sound like it'll turn out to be very pleasant for anybody. In fact, that prospect just sounds downright scary!

heh, no wonder my co-worker's myspace dissapeared mysteriously! :eek:

Holy moly. Just how many registered offenders are out there? Did they ALL create a MySpace page?

the term "sex offender" is not basically worthless...

they wanted to put a middle-schooler on the sex-offender list recently becuase he slapped some girls asses in the hall during class change :rolleyes:

To me, sex offender lists = politicians saying "hey, lets go scare the shit out of everybody!! It'll be fun! They'll even come to us begging for help!" And the media pipes in "Hey, need some help?"

Then everybody falls for it and runs around screaming "OH MY GOD! HELP US MR. LAWMAKER!" then they say "Why sure, we will help, we can just expand the list some and really freak you out!"

I bet I could run for president and win entirely on a platform of various ways to torture sex offenders and internment camps. Who needs energy, social or foreign policies anyway?? Hell, I could throw in the immigration issue also and really pack a punch! :p

The way it's heading now, all the sex offenders will be forced to live like Grizzly Adams, and will wind up banding together.. Somehow that doesn't sound like it'll turn out to be very pleasant for anybody. In fact, that prospect just sounds downright scary!
Yeah like I care. The only issue that bothers me with this is some of the things that get people on the list are downright stupid. The best thing to do would be to ship them to Australia.

Yeah, well that's the big problem.. Most people don't care about the insanity of it all, until they, or a loved one get all entangled up in it and completely railroaded. Some people get on the list because they get picked up for an alleged sex crime and get told that they can either make a deal to be on the sex offender list and a nominal amount of jail time, or go to trial and get a very long prison sentence, while they make sure everybody in there knows why they are there.

With so many cases closed like that, it makes one wonder how many were guilty and how many just decided to cut their losses and take the deal, which sounds infinitely better.

Wait, I thought myspace only had like 28 sex offenders who were caught on it the other day??? :confused: Or did they forget the 000's at the end of that number?

I know my profile got deleted and I don't even use it ... used it maybe 20 times at most just to find and talk to some old friends (16 out of 20 messeges I sent were PM's)... Way to go myspace! :rolleyes:

That's a lot of people.

At a glance I thought it said MySpace was deleted. That would have made my day.

I still want to know how they discovered that so many members were sex offenders. The info required to register on myspace can easily be faked, e.g., you don't have to give your real name or zip code and anyone can use a freebie email addy.

I mean, if you really were a convicted sex offender, would you give any real info? :confused:

I still want to know how they discovered that so many members were sex offenders. The info required to register on myspace can easily be faked, e.g., you don't have to give your real name or zip code and anyone can use a freebie email addy.

I mean, if you really were a convicted sex offender, would you give any real info? :confused:

Its not like it will be very hard to turn around and make a new profile either.

Kinda makes one wonder.. I mean, what if they just deleted the profiles of thousands of people whose names just happened to match those on the registry? That's feasable, hell when I look my name up on Google there are at least 10 other people with the same name.. Guess it wasn't that unique after all. :(

Kinda makes one wonder.. I mean, what if they just deleted the profiles of thousands of people whose names just happened to match those on the registry? That's feasable, hell when I look my name up on Google there are at least 10 other people with the same name.. Guess it wasn't that unique after all. :(
Seriously. What if you have a common name? I mean, one of my ex boyfriends was named something like Michael John Smith. How many are out there with the same name? And even the same city/zip:??

Seriously. What if you have a common name? I mean, one of my ex boyfriends was named something like Michael John Smith. How many are out there with the same name? And even the same city/zip:??

Yeah, well, imagine somebody seeing that name on a sex offender list and assuming that's their guy. Ugh. That would just royally suck. Some of the lists have pictures on it, some don't though.

*In Other News* - Myspace page views drops an amazing 83%!! :eek:

haha

Now if they can rid it of all the damn bots, I will be happy.

As fro sex offenders, hell make them drive cars with license plates that identify them.
Drunk drivers (even one time) in many states get the DUI plates.
I think Sex Offender plates to mark cars of pedophiles would be just!

The only issue that bothers me with this is some of the things that get people on the list are downright stupid. The best thing to do would be to ship them to Australia.
Why? To swell the ranks of the other stupid Americans already here, perhaps?

:p

Now if they can rid it of all the damn bots, I will be happy.

As fro sex offenders, hell make them drive cars with license plates that identify them.
Drunk drivers (even one time) in many states get the DUI plates.
I think Sex Offender plates to mark cars of pedophiles would be just!

Yea fuck rights! This is America! Let's go cowboy on their asses! Who gives a shit if that middle schooler only smacked a (girl)friend on the asses hes gonna get whats coming to him and be ruined for life!

Back