my x-gene mini mod(lots of pics)

lillimon04

2[H]4U
ok so i thought maybe the x-gene mini could have some more fans? and i tried it out, temps are cooler. i got one in the back of the top deck that sucks in air, and then one that blows the air down on the cpu fan. then taped two fans together and put them were the hdd cage is suppose to be. all fans except the 120mm in the lower front deck are 80mm masscool fans from newegg, ten for 12 bucks, free shipping! they move lots of air, and the only thing i hear is lots of air moving, but noise aint a factor to me(the 120mm fan is loud when i let it suck air up!) but here they are!

before
Picture011.jpg

after
Picture035.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture041.jpg

and the inside lower deck
Picture006.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture041.jpg

the outside of the case
Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture034.jpg

thats a sff sticker kinda by the top, kind really see it, but its sick. thanks steeeve hope u like!
Picture032.jpg

im from nor cal and i love it, and my clan i made is [n*C]
Picture024.jpg

and my monitor

thanks for the views, hope u like, and if theres any ideas to make anything look cooler or something please tell me, i like to experiment

Looking nifty. I have yet to put many fans in mine X-Gene, because of lack of need really. What sort of temps are you running Idle/Load? Does the 120mm in the bottom get decent airflow? Doesnt seem like it would have much room to actually pull air in from (considering the vent size is rather small).

For that matter, what do you have in it anyway? I'm running a E6300 at stock and a 8600GTS and have yet to need a reason to put more fans in it. It doesnt overheat at all.

thank you. well the only reason i did is because i wondered if i could put some more fans in there. well my vid card goes from 45 idle to 57 to 60 load with case all closed and then with the front panel, its at 40 idle to 50-54 load. then my cpu fan is pretty crappy, without all the fans i was at 47 idle and 55(or somewhere around there)load, now im at 39 idle and 47load. and in the future once i get my new cpu fan, i will overclock my e6300. well actually the 120 fan gets no air flow when front panel is on, thats why i put the 2 80mm fans, but with the front panel off(i use to have the front panel off all the time while gaming) it gets all the air i could ever want.

Did you make any mods or keep the stock cooling setup? What video card did you fit in there? What kind of temps are you running at stock, OC? That case is soo nice looking. Does it feel solid or cheap?

i put three extra fans, and all the other fan options are filled, cpu temps are 39 idle and 47load(crappy cpu fan) and gpu 45 idle to 57 to 60 load with case all closed and then with the front panel, its at 40 idle to 50-54 load. im running a x1900gt, its pretty long, but not huge. and the case is very solid! like a rock

When do you plan to push the cpu? I am curious what it will do OC to around 3.0+.
So how many fans total? Are you able to control all of them?

once i get a new cpu cooler i will oc! i thinking about a cnsp 8000 or fatality 7700. dont know yet. but i have 8 fans without the cpu fan.

If I wasnt on the fence about the abit board and the E4400 I think I would be buying this right now. Passed up that sweet deal on the PNY video card too. Oh well. Seems the longer you wait the better:)

ya just wait a lil, the board is great, and ya get a 8800gts, it will fit, i seen it. oh and i dont have a fan controller so i cant control um. but imma get one, or maybe two

i put three extra fans, and all the other fan options are filled, cpu temps are 39 idle and 47load(crappy cpu fan) and gpu 45 idle to 57 to 60 load with case all closed and then with the front panel, its at 40 idle to 50-54 load. im running a x1900gt, its pretty long, but not huge. and the case is very solid! like a rock

Yea, mine is running pretty cool, and I have 0 fans in mine so far besides the HSF.

I probably average maybe 50c in loads using a Apack Zerotherm CF900. Its dang quiet too. But then again I'm running a much cooler card (8600GTS).

To anyone whose wondering, I bet the cooling would be sufficient given good fans in this case. The lack of a decent intake had me worried, but a PSU with a fan on the bottom sucks the slot's heat pretty nicely.

I'll probably have to drop some more fans in it when I get my PhysX card and a better sound card sometime.

i think the x-gene is one of the nicest looking cases, along with the q-micra. very classy...

next to shuttles, that x-gene has to be one of the cleanest looking sff's out there.

thank you. the case does look very modern and classy, its like another stereo lookin thing. lol my friend thought it was part of my home theater stereo!

ok got a cnps 9500!! it fits good will put new pics up later. but really weird, when the case is all closed i get 42c idle and 50load(games and a benchmark) at stock, but when overclock its 40c idle and 47 load when oced. and my cores go from 29c idle to 36c load, did install the 9500 wrong?

i thought so because sisoftware said it was running lower than its stock speed. so overclock it to wat?

ok got a cnps 9500!! it fits good will put new pics up later. but really weird, when the case is all closed i get 42c idle and 50load(games and a benchmark) at stock, but when overclock its 40c idle and 47 load when oced. and my cores go from 29c idle to 36c load, did install the 9500 wrong?

PICS!!! IF the 9500 would fit would a HRo1 fit.

Pics are also a tad small hard to see. :(

well i got it and my temps are 30 degrees when clocked at 2.5ghz and once my board is back from rma then i will post some pics.

Back