my summer watercooling project worklog

R1ckCa1n said:
LOL... you want the maximum performance yet allow the pump to heat up the water before entering the block... whatever, it's your system.

As reference, take a look at most high end configurations and you will see the radiator in front of the pump. :rolleyes:

roflmao

go read some stickies in the ocforums watercooling section my friend

Overclockers.com has a essay titled "watercooling myths exposed" that does all the math and testing on how much an inline pump can heat up the water. Average pump adds +0.12c .

BTW Giblet, ur comp really rocks.

what heatercore did you have before?
Ive tried looking in previous threads youve made on 3 other boards and I cant seem to find the info, also been waiting for you to get on aim.... no such luck :(

K1NGDEAD said:
what heatercore did you have before?
Ive tried looking in previous threads youve made on 3 other boards and I cant seem to find the info, also been waiting for you to get on aim.... no such luck :(

before I had a fedco 2-199 from a 1973 Chevy Caprice

now I have a fedco 2-342 from god knows what

DaveX said:
using highlighter fluid instead of proper UV dye is pretty common, it works pretty well too

love that fill 'n bleed tube, original owner of my chevette core soldered a fill 'n bleed tube on there, works great

Im pretty sure that highliter fluid is highly conductive. So if you get a leak addios! If im wrong some one correct me.

A lot of the info at overclockers is out dated. Not saying that any of the info you are talking about is. You might get better info at procooling.com

bellevegasj said:
A lot of the info at overclockers is out dated. Not saying that any of the info you are talking about is. You might get better info at procooling.com

Yeah, Im aware of that. I felt the info was still relevant as they used the Hydol L30 and Eheim 1250 in their testing and those are still a couple of the most common pumps out there. The thing was mainly on how little all the pumps tested added to water temps could be used as a broad example for how little the average pump will add. Even a pump with double the temp increase will be a non issue.

Procooling.coms forums are pretty amazing on how much those guys all know. I feel like I need a Degree in whatever topic is being discussed just to keep up.

Back