My RAM is my bottleneck, help please!

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
1.DRAM PRECHARGE DELAY (8 clocks) what do this mean, and for stability reasons, should I go down in clock #?

2.DRAM BURST LENGTH (8 clocks) same question go for this one too. If I go anything over 237MHZ FSB the computer just wont boot, or if it does it lock up VERY FAST.

I have an SP94 cooler w/a 92mm tornado fan, PC3500 @ 2.85v (most my board will allow me) and everything is running fine. I know my ram is my bottleneck. Please help me make this thing more stable. Thanks

Precharge no clue what it means except its the last part of the timings eg: 3-4-4-8

We have 2 ways to find your max o/c and we have 2 problems to address
1st problem, you have a poor o/cing cpu
2nd problem you have porr o/cing ram

The 2nd prob we can live with so lets get that out of the way

but ram voltages up to 2.9V and set ram divider to 3:2(since many types of ram dissagree with 5:4)

wow were done with ram, ez

Now you must bump cpu voltages to 1.60-1.65 and try to find your highest max o/c
I would say start ocing at 237 and run a stablity test
Then go to 240, (stability test) if stable jump to 250 mhz fsb and run again. From there its guess and check

So your a big shot, your cpu boots stable 260 fsb with ram at above settings. Your cpu is fine but your ram sucks now.

Well we will try to get the most performance possible

your ram runs at 433 no prob so thats fine we will try to find a speed around their.

at 260 fsb your ram (5:4) will run at 416 mhz(BINGO) we still can oc to 270ish 5:4 without ram oc
From their if your happy with 260fsb we lock 'er down

2.9v to ram and timings 2-2-2-6 if possible(lower the number the better)

Now if your cpu doesnt boot over 237 with the ram outta the picutre your cpu cant overclock for beanz :/

GL and pm me if you need more help

Back