• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

My next goal...

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
8,069
After hitting 50k before my birthday, my next goal is 60k before my HS graduation, which is June 9th.


At the current rate, it will be very VERY close - if I can get one or two more computers up I can do it, but heating is an issue on my Dell and eMachines, and until I have the time, it will continue to be... :(


P.S. Anyone run F@H on a Dimension desktop before? All it has is one fan that is drawing air over the heatsink with the help of a duct. No fan directly on the heatsink.



 
Congrats on your achievement and good luck on your future endevor. Is it possible to bolt on a standard HSF on that dell?

 
sobe said:
Congrats on your achievement and good luck on your future endevor. Is it possible to bolt on a standard HSF on that dell?




I believe so - I might even be able to stick a Scythe Ninja on there...there is more than enough room.
 
if you take out the motherboard, and take out the screws that their mounting bracket screws into, you can put a standard mounting bracket in there and put in a normal heatsink, just as long as it fits. At least that's how it was in my dell 4600. For another one of mine, I used some spare fan moutning hardware (came with my XP-90) and a drill and mounted an 80mm fan on their heatsink, since their design isn't that bad, just not enough airflow.

 
Back
Top