My new Coolermaster Wavemaster case

CobraSC

n00b
Well, I haven't done any mods yet, and I'm not sure if I will in the near future, but I thought I'd share my new case - the Coolermaster Wave Master. I plan to replace the power supply with a new one, and I'll sleeve the cables at the same time.

I'm pretty impressed overall with the case, and I know that the pics won't come out nearly as nice as this case looks in person. I built this with quiet-ness in mind, and as a result all fans are running at 5 volts except the processor fan, and I included silicone spacers between the hard drives and case. It worked, as it is pretty quiet (much more quiet than my old case). So, it's quiet, and running fairly cool even overclocked and running 2 instances of Folding at all times. (39C case temp, 46C Proc. temp, 32C HDD temp)

I have a P4 2.4C in it, running 3.25 Ghz, you can see the rest of the specs in my sig. Anyway you can find my four pictures (in slideshow format at Yahoo photos)HERE

Coolermaster makes a hell of a case!
If you notice all the big-name gaming pc makers (falcon-nw, voodooPC and the like) use the newest and best Coolermaster case as theirs.

Front blue LED... drooool.

Originally posted by Niggles
Coolermaster makes a hell of a case!
If you notice all the big-name gaming pc makers (falcon-nw, voodooPC and the like) use the newest and best Coolermaster case as theirs.

Front blue LED... drooool.
also compaq. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies guys - I am extremely happy with it. I actually caught my first glimpse of this case in a Compaq system at CompUSA, and I thought it was a proprietary case, so I didn't give it a second thought. When I found out I could buy one, I knew I just had to do it.

I saw one in rel life, it is a very nice case the solidity of the front part screams quality.

however i never saw the insides.

Nice case, I too saw the Compaq system at CompUSA and had to have one. My black one should be here Tuesday, already got the jigsaw warmed up for a window :)

-Matt :cool:

I am orderingmy fist case that I might mod...dont know about cutting the side tho lol....i have never dont it before

I love Coolermaster cases, they are great well made cases. I was about the get the Wavemaster, but the door opens the wrong way for me, and when I saw it at best buy the magnet didnt seem to hold. I just move my computer way to much to have a door that isnt lockable. Looks nice, Im jelous with the wiring. I cant get behind my mobo without taking a Dremel to the case (Hmmm... Idea). So much easier to wire in a Coolermaster then a Lian LI

Not bad cases, but the intake for the Wavemaster is total ass. The small airholes greatly inhibit the fans ability to draw air from the outside in. Without modding it, I sure wouldn't place my components in that thing.

Originally posted by Icewindius
Not bad cases, but the intake for the Wavemaster is total ass. The small airholes greatly inhibit the fans ability to draw air from the outside in. Without modding it, I sure wouldn't place my components in that thing.
this is true. just tested this... my cpu temp 37c idle with side panel off, side panel back on... 7 mins later 44c, side panel back off... 3 mins later back at 37c. this wouldnt be so bad if i watercooled but im currently not, so i leave side panel off until then. i also changed the 2 stock intake fans and the 1 exhaust fan to coolermasters own LEDs fans. let me tell you, changing the 2 intake fans was a b*tch. i emailed coolermaster asking how to do it and i never got a reply back. i can see why, i would have had a hard time telling anyone how to do it.

this case was an upgrade from my last case, an all acrylic case. which was a pain to work on my computer with. this wavemaster is the best looking case ive seen, easy computer component access, some minor airflow issues but overall one of the best cases available in my opinion.

edit: some more info...

room temp: 23c
vcore: 1.9v
hsf: slk900a w/92mm tornado (tested at 3000 rpm (my lowest setting))

I really like that case myself too. It's a shame HP/Compaq started buying them for their machines. We have one on display at work. The big OEMs do some crappy wiring jobs I'll tell you that much. Not nearly as nice as Voodoo or Falcon, or Alienware. Or Myself for that matter. I spent the better part of an hour and a half rewiring my case for a 430W Antec Power Supply.

is that front "thingy" with the leds on it tall enough to take a small CC? I don't really like how you can tell where the LEDs are on it... I think I might get one and give it a bottom vent as well as modding the front vent(s).... it's just sooo pretty and begging to be modded

:)

-Hex..

Back