My Mainboard died!!!

KamaL

n00b
Hi there everybody...

I have a pc with a Gigabyte GA-7AXP mainboard... It's quite a good one, with lots of features..

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7VAX.htm

My friend took it, and wanted to update the bios... I don't know how, but he didn't succeed in this, and now, when I turn it on, nothing!! Only a black screen!!! :eek:

I can assume that he screwed up even the Backup BIOS, since this MoBo has a DUAL BIos or something like this...

Now I'm not able of restoring it back to its default state, and "bring it back to life"..I read the manual, but nothing is in there. I tried to uninstall the battery, but neither this helped...

Any idea guys on how to fix this up??? :confused:

Thanx alot in advance!!:p

Originally posted by Unit-0
Check your manual for the jumper that resets your BIOS.

Actually I tried to serach regarding this issue in the manual, but couldn't find anything...

Is it possible that a MOBO doesn't have a "manual" way to reset the BIOS?? I mean not through the normal bios??

thanx..

whoa.. according to the author of HardOCP's review about your motherboard, Morry states:

The only questionable decision concerning the design of this board is the lack of a CMOS clear jumper. In order to clear the CMOS, you must remove the battery. That’s it. However, the board does include fail safe circuitry. In the event of a hardware issue and a full shutdown/restart, the system will automatically reset the system BIOS after 20 seconds.

So err, pull the battery =P

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDQwLDE=

When you say "he took it" do you mean the computer or just the motherboard?

1. Are you getting any POST error codes?

2. Have you tried reseating memory, and video?

3. Have you emailed Gigabyte?

4. Have you tried updating the BIOS?

5. Have you kicked friend up side the head?

If it's a bad bios flash, you'll either need to hot flash or have a new bios chip sent to you.

Back