My First SSD

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Messages
6,633
So I built a new system and decided to take advantage of all the cool stuff that wasn't around during my last build in 2006'ish. So I just would like to know how this guy holds up. How long can I expect this guy to last? Is this a decent SSD for the price? Just looking for any feedback and what to expect from the specific SSD I posted.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The EVOs are good drives. Unless you do an absurd amount of reading/writing you won't wear it out... same as HDDs, though, there's always a small chance of random failure. Not sure how that price compares to stuff in the US but they're quite competitively priced in AU.

We have a handful of that model and a few other Samsungs, none have died yet, all were well priced and perform well. Expect it to be nice and fast vs. a mechanical HDD!
 
Back
Top