My Fax Spam Thread

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
There is a company that sends out fax press release notices to my fax number. It is some sort of clearing house for fax spam and after months of trying to get them to stop sending fax spam, I have hit a wall. I have called the PR reps listed on the press releases multiple times and begged them to get me off this fax spam list. All act like they have no idea what is happening.

So this thread will be for those spamming PR reps that want attention. Sometimes I get one a week, sometimes I get 10. The offenders that are constant will get props here.

Who fax spammed me today? (This post will be updated.)

09/18/07
Aleratec, Inc.
Perry Solomon
[email protected]

09/18/07
Sonal Dave, PR Counsel
[email protected]

09/19/2007
Perfians Holdings Limited
Investor Relations
905.943.996 x-230
[email protected]

09/19/2007
Aurelius Consulting Group
Dave Gentry
Jeff Wadley
407.644.4256 x-104
[email protected]

09/19/2007
Emulex Corportation
Katherine Henry
[email protected]

09/24/07
Aleratec, Inc.
Perry Solomon
[email protected]

09/24/07
Frank Berry
[email protected]

Jeanie Herbert
[email protected]

09/25/07
Globalstar, Inc.
Dean Hirasawa
[email protected]

09/28/07
Microsemi Corp
David R Sonksen EVP and CFO

Cliff Silver Mgr Corp Com

09/28/07
Emulex Corp
Robin Austin Director PR
[email protected]

I'll be adding to this thread within a few days... Freaking annoying, wasting my paper and ink probably 2 times a week at least. :mad: A couple of years ago I printed a page that simply said stop the junk faxes or something, printed 4 of them, taped together end to end, faxed it to the offender, after first page came out, taped to last page to make a nice big loop. Ran for nearly an hour... Our current machine will not do this though, it freaks out after about 30 inches feed in.

Well do you want us to fax them back with garbage? This would be quite easy to do so...:D

you could add the spammer's email to a spam mailing list :D

Kyle,

Under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, sending unsolicited fax advertisments is ILLEGAL. If they continue to send such advertisements after being asked to stop, they can be held liable for the greater of your monetary damages or statutory damages of $500 PER incident.

There is more to read here: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/unwantedfaxes.html

You can give them another call with the riot act/wrath of god or simply start documenting their behavior to secure a nice, easy lawsuit. I'd suggest the latter, but I'm a rather vindictive bastard.

I'll be adding to this thread within a few days... Freaking annoying, wasting my paper and ink probably 2 times a week at least. :mad: A couple of years ago I printed a page that simply said stop the junk faxes or something, printed 4 of them, taped together end to end, faxed it to the offender, after first page came out, taped to last page to make a nice big loop. Ran for nearly an hour... Our current machine will not do this though, it freaks out after about 30 inches feed in.

awesome, lol

Kyle,

Under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, sending unsolicited fax advertisments is ILLEGAL. If they continue to send such advertisements after being asked to stop, they can be held liable for the greater of your monetary damages or statutory damages of $500 PER incident.

There is more to read here: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/unwantedfaxes.html

You can give them another call with the riot act/wrath of god or simply start documenting their behavior to secure a nice, easy lawsuit. I'd suggest the latter, but I'm a rather vindictive bastard.

The problem here is that I cannot find out what company is sending them. I use efax, so I get a PDF in my mail, but the PR people are noted on the releases, but they claim to have no idea who is sending them. So there is the reason to share the PR peoples names.

I would sign them up to a win a ipod/wii/PS3/360/Camel but I have a sneaky feeling they would actually win. :eek:

Contact the entity being advertised and demand that they disclose the company they are using. Let them know that they can be held liable for these advertisements. Per the FCC's page:

As I understand it, this provision is to allow for punishing US businesses that outsource their spamming to off-shore entities. It ends up boiling down to how important this is to you.

the [H] could use some more $$ for improvement :p :p

jk jk...just do it to teach em a lesson...

Just a thought, I dont use faxes and havent for about a decade now, but dont new faxes have caller id displays on them and do faxes or even their software if its a pc fax kinda setup where the pc acts as the fax machine and just uses a standalone printer to print out the fax thus using some sort of software, couldnt you add the caller number to some sort of block list ???

maybe a stupid id as I really havent used faxes since back in the 90s but I would of thought newer faxes would have a caller id block thing built into them ?

anyway, I guess not or people wouldnt be on here complaining of fax spam.

argh, I hate not being able to edit in this section:

3rd line down should read:

maybe a stupid IDEA,

instead of [ stupid id ]

my bad :eek:

It's to bad some sort of Caller ID # blocking couldent be done here..

There is a way to stop Fax spam, my mother at her company does it.
You use a program that will take the fax into the computer system and there you can manually delete or print if it is worth it. You must have a 56k line in the computer system of course, but she uses this because she gets 15 solicitations a day and only a few that are business related so it helps.

There is a way to stop Fax spam, my mother at her company does it.
You use a program that will take the fax into the computer system and there you can manually delete or print if it is worth it. You must have a 56k line in the computer system of course, but she uses this because she gets 15 solicitations a day and only a few that are business related so it helps.

That's a good idea. Great way to filter all the crap spam without wasting printer paper and ink.

most fax machiines have a junk filter built in you just have to add the number too the list.

Just call them up, get their address, and inform them that you will be documenting all unsolicited faxes received from them and according to the FCC rules and regulations, they have 30 days to cease and desist, otherwise they will be sued.

Better still, get a long piece of *black* construction paper, feed it in then tape together. Takes forever to send and receive and uses tons of toner. Not that I'd know anything about it....:rolleyes:

Back